Training Camp 2021

AKRNA

35 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

How has Drew’s feet looked? Has he been setting them? Climbing the pocket? Any designed boots?

im at work and not getting the game so any answers would be appreciated 

He was two for two 105 yards on play action it's clear with going heavy on the defense and the drafting of J Williams Demver is trying for the Tennessee Titans model which I love. It's how much can drew grow to fill the tannehill style of play and running an offense. 

If it can be Ryan tannehill top 10-12 range we're in for a fun year. 

10 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Maybe we can go a week without our QB end of the world discussion.

Locke with the starters posted a 153.3 rating. Teddy with the scrubs has a 144.8.

Look I know you’re a Teddy apologist but let’s be honest, Drew was much more impressive.

Teddy takes the snap - with the scrubs, yes, but also against the other scrubs - and throws the ball to first read who is 5 yards away. Drew at least made some things happen. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Look I know you’re a Teddy apologist but let’s be honest, Drew was much more impressive.

Teddy takes the snap - with the scrubs, yes, but also against the other scrubs - and throws the ball to first read who is 5 yards away. Drew at least made some things happen. 

I'm no Teddy apologist. He's a solid NFL vet. He and Drew have both had great starts.

Next week we'll see how they fare. 

Don't compare the two based on today though. The surrounding cast is vastly different. No basis for a comparison. What we've learned though is they both understand the offense and can execute it well. Neither guy will play all 17 games so what we've seen from each is great.

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

Williams look good today. How is the RB pecking order shaping up? In regards to fantasy, how worried should I be about Gordon being the lead back?

Gordon is a turn over guy so Williams is gonna be ideal either way he's gonna play his best ball at the perfect time of the season.  That being said Gordon has gotten good reviews competition brings the best from him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

Williams look good today. How is the RB pecking order shaping up? In regards to fantasy, how worried should I be about Gordon being the lead back?

They’re definitely going to ride Gordon but fumbles are a concern with him and hard to count on 17 healthy starts from any RB. I think he’s looking at about 30% of the snaps at RB. Mike Boone probably steals touches too.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Gordon is a turn over guy so Williams is gonna be ideal either way he's gonna play his best ball at the perfect time of the season.  That being said Gordon has gotten good reviews competition brings the best from him

23 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

They’re definitely going to ride Gordon but fumbles are a concern with him and hard to count on 17 healthy starts from any RB. I think he’s looking at about 30% of the snaps at RB. Mike Boone probably steals touches too.

Appreciate it fellas.

• Like 1

I love Fangio and how our team competes and I love how he coaches but we need results asap.

He literally gives players nothing especially at the qb competition so they don't feel themselves.  It's the way to go to avoid players especially young ones getting complacent. 

The way he coaches doesn't really put extra pressure on the qbs competition already does it. I think he expects a certain way the QB of the Franchise to act as a professional and he may get that from Drew. His line Drew's first year about crumbs adding up to a loaf of bread really is the mantra.  If a player goes into it having high expectations out of what is required of him and is treated like the Ceo of the team the odds of him rising to meet expectations go higher. It's a business at the end of it but a game a heart and let's be honest it's only fun for the players when they're winning and Fangio expects winning culture and winning level of play.

I think the trade for Teddy Bridgewater is going to play dividends regardless of If he sees the field or not.

2 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I dont care who wins the QB battle, the Bronco weapons are crazy... If the QB play is iffy thus year and im Rogers or Russell then my first request for a trade goes through Denver 

None of what happened today is bad on any level it's not about one player the team truly believes that with two competent qbs to run the offense it's gonna make the depth stand out on offense.  The d will be on the field less playing their best ball and showing their depth.

I wouldn't be surprised if George sells a player or two too accumulate things in the 2022 draft he's gonna build the team the right way.

Unfortunately didn't get to watch the game, but seeing the highlights and box score watching, super happy with the entire team's performance. All three phases seemed like they played fantastic. Hoping we can create some consistency and come out and do it again next week. 

Which fringe roster guys made a case for making the 53?

Benson and Hinton might be pushing Spencer for a spot. Does that open up the door for a Patrick trade to make space? 

Edited by grizmo78

7 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

More later, but Drew did nothing that about 90% of the QB's in the NFL could have done. Neither did Teddy. Just watched some film and I was really pleased.

We dominated the LOS on both sides of the ball, our OL looked great and both QB's, Drew especially, had all day to throw. Our running game was ripping off big chunks, forcing the Vikings to crowd the box. You just can't do that with our skill players and be successful.

Our Offense is talented, deep in both the OL and skill positions and either QB doesn't have to be phenomenal. Their supporting cast will take care of that for them. This is not a QB centric team. It's solid and scary where it counts.

Anyway bud, I know you always try to stir up conversation, I'm fine with that. The Teddy/Drew controversy though is pretty much out the window. Either one will be a pro bowl QB with this surrounding talent.

Actually, there won't be more later, I'll just wrap it up now. Our D also is strong and deep. I was pretty impressed with our DL rotation. They got the job done. What can you say about our secondary? Every cut we make there will get a job with someone else.

We'll learn a lot more against the Seahawks but this team is going to be a tough out for anybody and very hard to come back against.

I'm not really concerned about which QB gets the job. I don't think it really makes a difference. Like I've said many times, the team makes the QB, not the other way around. We just might have a really, really good team.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AKRNA said:

More later, but Drew did nothing that about 90% of the QB's in the NFL could have done. Neither did Teddy. Just watched some film and I was really pleased.

We dominated the LOS on both sides of the ball, our OL looked great and both QB's, Drew especially, had all day to throw. Our running game was ripping off big chunks, forcing the Vikings to crowd the box. You just can't do that with our skill players and be successful.

Our Offense is talented, deep in both the OL and skill positions and either QB doesn't have to be phenomenal. Their supporting cast will take care of that for them. This is not a QB centric team. It's solid and scary where it counts.

Anyway bud, I know you always try to stir up conversation, I'm fine with that. The Teddy/Drew controversy though is pretty much out the window. Either one will be a pro bowl QB with this surrounding talent.

Actually, there won't be more later, I'll just wrap it up now. Our D also is strong and deep. I was pretty impressed with our DL rotation. They got the job done. What can you say about our secondary? Every cut we make there will get a job with someone else.

We'll learn a lot more against the Seahawks but this team is going to be a tough out for anybody and very hard to come back against.

I'm not really concerned about which QB gets the job. I don't think it really makes a difference. Like I've said many times, the team makes the QB, not the other way around. We just might have a really, really good team.

Seems like a call needs to be made to the Saints who now need not only a WR, but a CB.  You'd think a good offer could be made to them to get I don't know...some DL/ILB help?  And of course some draft picks. 

Just saw the game. Really didn't watch it closely enough for the trenches unfortunately. Few observations:

* It's just so clear Drew is most comfortable in a bootleg PA Offense. We knew that last year. Problem is 3rd and long when you cannot run that Offense. You can't stay out of 3rd and long in the NFL, no matter who you are. Still, it was good to see the accurate throws and that 3rd read throw to Jeudy was very impressive.

* PS2 just looks so confident out there. He knows he's good and he knows his instincts are good. He's going to be some player

* Trinity Benson was brilliant. There's a definite roster spot up for grabs and he put his name right in the mix yesterday

* Not sure what PFF have said, but it felt like Cooper had a couple of near sacks

* Really liked what I saw from Eric Saubert, a guy who I'd never heard of until today. Some excellent reach blocks in the run game and he's a big target in the passing game

• Like 4