Training Camp 2021

AKRNA

10 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Just saw the game. Really didn't watch it closely enough for the trenches unfortunately. Few observations:

* It's just so clear Drew is most comfortable in a bootleg PA Offense. We knew that last year. Problem is 3rd and long when you cannot run that Offense. You can't stay out of 3rd and long in the NFL, no matter who you are. Still, it was good to see the accurate throws and that 3rd read throw to Jeudy was very impressive.

* PS2 just looks so confident out there. He knows he's good and he knows his instincts are good. He's going to be some player

* Trinity Benson was brilliant. There's a definite roster spot up for grabs and he put his name right in the mix yesterday

* Not sure what PFF have said, but it felt like Cooper had a couple of near sacks

* Really liked what I saw from Eric Saubert, a guy who I'd never heard of until today. Some excellent reach blocks in the run game and he's a big target in the passing game

Do your write ups. 

2 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

😂 Crazy busy at work and a 6 month pregnant wife - no chance mate.

There also isn't any all 22 film on game pass which has caused quite the commotion amongst NFL writers.

George it's important that your child grow up to be a Broncos fan. I simply cannot stress that enough.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, broncos67 said:

George it's important that your child grow up to be a Broncos fan. I simply cannot stress that enough.

I think you know me well enough to know this isn't going to be an issue!

Who knows, maybe one day she will be high enough up in my estimation to appear on my office wall 😁

E87JLhlXIAIozOa?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 7

7 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Who knows, maybe one day she will be high enough up in my estimation to appear on my office wall 😁

LomaxgrUK, when you get a chance, take a look at her right hand pinkie finger, you'll be spending a LOT of time being wrapped there !!!!!!!

• Like 1

I think Drew gives this team a higher ceiling but Teddy gives it a higher floor. You need to roll the dice with the higher ceiling guy so you can at bare minimum go into next season knowing your looking for a high draft pick QB or a Watson/Rodgers trade.

Im still going to stick with the fact that the team passed on Fields partly because rumors were the Broncos were scared to get rid of Lock and watch him explode on a different team. If that is out there, this who 'competition' is just for show to keep the pressure on Lock to improve.

I dont see any situation where Lock isnt the guy. Not going after Rodgers hard, not drafting Fields were all because of Drew Lock being on the roster--not Teddy.

46 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I think Drew gives this team a higher ceiling but Teddy gives it a higher floor. You need to roll the dice with the higher ceiling guy so you can at bare minimum go into next season knowing your looking for a high draft pick QB or a Watson/Rodgers trade.

Im still going to stick with the fact that the team passed on Fields partly because rumors were the Broncos were scared to get rid of Lock and watch him explode on a different team. If that is out there, this who 'competition' is just for show to keep the pressure on Lock to improve.

I dont see any situation where Lock isnt the guy. Not going after Rodgers hard, not drafting Fields were all because of Drew Lock being on the roster--not Teddy.

You need to go higher ceiling bc the higher floor does zilch with kc in the division.  I'm sure being a wild card team does a lot for people after the turmoil since 2015 but I like going all in 

If Drew were to hit his full potential and become more consistent and get better on third down without the threat of Playaction  it will be interesting this year. 

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

You need to go higher ceiling bc the higher floor does zilch with kc in the division.  I'm sure being a wild card team does a lot for people after the turmoil since 2015 but I like going all in 

If Drew were to hit his full potential and become more consistent and get better on third down without the threat of Playaction  it will be interesting this year. 

Yeah and it would also help if the OC kept focusing the playcalling around the things he is good at. Out your QB in the best situation to succeed, not the hardest.

Either way, Lock will be the guy as long as he doesnt self destruct in Seattle. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Mad props George on the kiddo to come, it’ll be the coolest thing you’ll ever do in your life. My 2.5 year old changed my life in countless ways, each and every one of them for the better. 

• Like 4