Around the NFL: Only Commies like Carson.

Kiltman

20 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Rumor has it that it's related to the vaccine/COVID protocols. 

I’d buy it, Bill probably is pissed he wouldn’t get the shot. Just from a pure football aspect of availability seems like something that would piss him off. Like if he was with the Vikings or Washington at the start of camp he probably woulda lost it worse than Zimmer or Rivera did.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

I just explained why he was cut. We just overhauled our staff and brought in a new defensive system that doesn’t fit him as well as we had last year (which SEA runs). 

He’s not as good in the slot and his ST ability is meh. As a 4th/5th corner with little ST ability it’s a numbers crunch. Shaq Griffin and CJ Henderson won the outside spots, he wasn’t passing either one. And you better be a quality ST guy if you aren’t starting (the guy who likely got the job over Jones was one of the best gunners in the league last year in Claybrooks).

Yea. Makes sense logically. But teams tend to keep young talent, at a premium position no less, even if it’s not a great fit because the value is still there. He’s just not that good. I think most poster’s points, opposed to yours last year, was his flash of “solid play”, as marginal as it was, was just fools gold. It wasn’t about disproving your point. Just that maybe, we told you so. In the most mature way. 

3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Yea. Makes sense logically. But teams tend to keep young talent, at a premium position no less, even if it’s not a great fit because the value is still there. He’s just not that good. I think most poster’s points, opposed to yours last year, was his flash of “solid play”, as marginal as it was, was just fools gold. It wasn’t about disproving your point. Just that maybe, we told you so. In the most mature way. 

Man idk what you want me to say. He got cut by you guys, so of course he didn’t work out there/overall wasn’t good. Players are able to move on to a different team/scheme and find success. He did. I’m not sure what else to say?

If you don’t want to believe in his short stint here (got into the starting lineup, largely played well before getting hurt and only ended up starting in 6 games) I guess go for it. He isn’t a Jaguar anymore and I have zero reason to gloat about him. But his play was indeed solid, and had a couple games in which he legitimately flashed in a big way. 

I don’t think anyone said he was “good”, but he looked like a quality depth corner and when fully healthy (if he can ever figure that out before his body breaks down), has starting potential in the right scheme.

24 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Man idk what you want me to say. He got cut by you guys, so of course he didn’t work out there/overall wasn’t good. Players are able to move on to a different team/scheme and find success. He did. I’m not sure what else to say?

If you don’t want to believe in his short stint here (got into the starting lineup, largely played well before getting hurt and only ended up starting in 6 games) I guess go for it. He isn’t a Jaguar anymore and I have zero reason to gloat about him. But his play was indeed solid, and had a couple games in which he legitimately flashed in a big way. 

I don’t think anyone said he was “good”, but he looked like a quality depth corner and when fully healthy (if he can ever figure that out before his body breaks down), has starting potential in the right scheme.

The actions don't match the narrative here is the confusion. You don't trade CB's on rookie contracts who you think could be legit starting talents for 6th round picks. It just doesn't happen. Did he play better for the Jags? Of course, no one is doubting that. He got cut here, at least he had some trade value this offseason.

That said, if teams thought he was capable of what is being alluded to here, his value would be higher. Whether he is damaged goods or teams don't like his ability he got traded for what is closer to the value of a roster bubble player than a potential starter. Maybe he finds himself in Seattle and becomes what you are saying he can be, I just don't see it. You are free to evaluate him however you want of course.

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The actions don't match the narrative here is the confusion. You don't trade CB's on rookie contracts who you think could be legit starting talents for 6th round picks. It just doesn't happen. Did he play better for the Jags? Of course, no one is doubting that. He got cut here, at least he had some trade value this offseason.

That said, if teams thought he was capable of what is being alluded to here, his value would be higher. Whether he is damaged goods or teams don't like his ability he got traded for what is closer to the value of a roster bubble player than a potential starter. Maybe he finds himself in Seattle and becomes what you are saying he can be, I just don't see it. You are free to evaluate him however you want of course.

Ok.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.phillyvoice.com/carson-wentz-covid-selfish-bad-teammate-colts-vaccination-nfl-protocols-eagles-news/amp/

Carson’s “bad team mate” rep follows him in Indy with new media group. 

Mostly it’s about him not getting vaccinated. And that’s a selfish act to put yourself before others when you’re a leader of a football team. And really for society too. And he’s got young kids. And they all now know he’s not vaxxed because they NFL doesn’t make you do 5 day quarantines when you’ve been in contact with a positive if you’ve been vaccinated. 

Edited by Jroc04
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

A glimmer of hope for the beautiful 3 first future.

Okay so I was totally on board the Wentz Wagon, a participating member in Ike Reese's #LetTheBroncoBuck but now I just hate him for so many more reasons. I am glad to see he is "healthy" because I never wish a player ill-well and I hope he can rebound but if he doesn't it's solely because of himself at this point.