Around the NFL: Only Commies like Carson.

Kiltman

7 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Against our defense? please no. You just saw what they did no a competent unit.

Andrew Adams was in training camp with us this year. He was cut and played significant snaps for the Bucs last night. Their DB's aren't healthy and were overrated a tad bit due to a great playoff run. Not taking anything away from Dallas, but the Bucs pass defense was not a scary unit last night by any standard.

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

Against our defense? please no. You just saw what they did no a competent unit.

I did, also saw the Cowboys fall to a 1-5 record when Dak throws 50+ times. Rather take those odds vs a balanced attack where Zeke gets 20+ touches type game, sorry.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

I did, also saw the Cowboys fall to a 1-5 record when Dak throws 50+ times. Rather take those odds vs a balanced attack where Zeke gets 20+ touches type game, sorry.

The might go 1-5 down the road, but that 1 would be against us. They won´t get blown out as long as they have that offense, keeping it off the field is much better than hoping Dak throws 50+ against our mediocre edge rushers no less. 

37 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

The might go 1-5 down the road, but that 1 would be against us. They won´t get blown out as long as they have that offense, keeping it off the field is much better than hoping Dak throws 50+ against our mediocre edge rushers no less. 

Anyone wanna tell this guy that the Eagles were top 5 in sacks last year or should I? 

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Isn't the Bucs rush defense really good? I'd assume it would be. I don't think they'll do that every week.

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Anyone wanna tell this guy that the Eagles were top 5 in sacks last year or should I? 

Don't be foolish. Just about everyone of us during the majority of game day threads complained about lack of pass rush. QBs had all day to dot us up even if the sack #s look good. Im pretty sure I remember us being last or near the bottom of the league in how long we allow QBs to hold the ball before throwing it. 

Edited by Jeezla

14 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Don't be foolish. Just about everyone of us during the majority of game day threads complained about lack of pass rush. QBs had all day to dot us up even if the sack #s look good. Im pretty sure I remember us being last or near the bottom of the league in how long we allow QBs to hold the ball before throwing it. 

If I worried about everything we all whine about in the heat of a game day, I wouldn’t have time for anything else 

Point is Dallas has lost 5 of 6 meetings when Dak throws 50+ times. Maybe we make it 2 of 6 because we suck but the overall odds are still in our favor.

It's when they are balanced, rushing for a 100+ that the Dallas offense goes next level, especially vs the Eagles. Please Chuck it up 60x and see if he survives and doesn't break. In other words treat him like the player this thread is named after. GL.

Edited by Nabbs4u

19 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Si by that logic we have a top 5 edge rusher somewhere.  I don’t know who on this team is not a mediocre edge rusher, Graham who only plays half a season, Barnett who is a better run defender than pass rusher or Sweat that at this point is a situational pass rusher.

4 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Si by that logic we have a top 5 edge rusher somewhere.  I don’t know who on this team is not a mediocre edge rusher, Graham who only plays half a season, Barnett who is a better run defender than pass rusher or Sweat that at this point is a situational pass rusher.

1. Sacks aren't the only stat that matters.

2. Graham was good for the whole season not just half, see point one.

3. Our DT's are some of the best interior pass rushers in the league and probably the best one to punch in the league.

4. We were third in team pressure rate last year while we blitzed less than just about anyone in the league.

5. We were top 5 in sacks as well.

This idea that our DL was just ok is not rooted in any logic, it is just you believing what you want to believe.

9 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

3. Our DT's are some of the best interior pass rushers in the league and probably the best one to punch in the league.

4. We were third in team pressure rate last year while we blitzed less than just about anyone in the league.

This idea that our DL was just ok is not rooted in any logic, it is just you believing what you want to believe.

The Office Boom GIF

22 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I don’t disagree with any of that except maybe Graham. 

But bear in mind that this is getting far away from the fact that, if the Cowboys pass 50+ on us we don’t have the edge rushers, (and I dont mean DL, I mean edge rushers) to make up for it. And of course much less secondary.

of course sacks aren’t the only stat that matters but the “rebuttal” I got from calling our edge rushers is that we ere top 5 in sacks, which is a bad logic to counter  the point that our EDGE RUSHERS are not mediocre. And of course our DEs have trouble bringing the QB down, unfortunately none of them make up for that flaw with other aspects of their game in today’s NFL, not even Graham.