Around the NFL: Only Commies like Carson.

Kiltman

15 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I don’t disagree with any of that except maybe Graham. 

But bear in mind that this is getting far away from the fact that, if the Cowboys pass 50+ on us we don’t have the edge rushers, (and I dont mean DL, I mean edge rushers) to make up for it. And of course much less secondary.

of course sacks aren’t the only stat that matters but the “rebuttal” I got from calling our edge rushers is that we ere top 5 in sacks, which is a bad logic to counter  the point that our EDGE RUSHERS are not mediocre. And of course our DEs have trouble bringing the QB down, unfortunately none of them make up for that flaw with other aspects of their game in today’s NFL, not even Graham.

Our DE's aren't mediocre. There isn't a single star but they are one of the deepest units in the league. Also, last time I checked it literally doesn't matter where you get pressure from as long as you get the pressure. Getting pressure from the interior is just as good as getting it from the edge. Making that distinction is just pointless.

25 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Our DE's aren't mediocre. There isn't a single star but they are one of the deepest units in the league. Also, last time I checked it literally doesn't matter where you get pressure from as long as you get the pressure. Getting pressure from the interior is just as good as getting it from the edge. Making that distinction is just pointless.

By that definition they are mediocre. They are a nice group, but not any of those guys will keep opposing coaches up game planing for them, nor will they take over games, because they’re mediocre.

I agree that preassure it’s important specially up the middle, but I was talking about edge rushers and we got sidetracked to include the whole defense for sacks and the whole DL after that.

55 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

By that definition they are mediocre. They are a nice group, but not any of those guys will keep opposing coaches up game planing for them, nor will they take over games, because they’re mediocre.

I agree that preassure it’s important specially up the middle, but I was talking about edge rushers and we got sidetracked to include the whole defense for sacks and the whole DL after that.

No... you quoted someone saying we finished top 5 in sacks and then randomly said that would mean we have a top 5 edge rusher somewhere... Your original point made no sense by itself. It isn't like the only players who can sack the QB are edge rushers.

I also completely disagree that our DE's are mediocre, but I am never convincing you otherwise so whatever.

15 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

No... you quoted someone saying we finished top 5 in sacks and then randomly said that would mean we have a top 5 edge rusher somewhere... Your original point made no sense by itself. It isn't like the only players who can sack the QB are edge rushers.

I also completely disagree that our DE's are mediocre, but I am never convincing you otherwise so whatever.

If I’m not mistaken I brought up edge rushers when quoting Nabbs about the Cowboys passing 50+ times and I mentioned our mediocre edge rushers and then I got the top 5 in sacks response.

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

This is…. Ugly lol. Texans are supposed to be the worst team in football and they are blowing Meyer out. 

Meyer was a bad hire in the same vein as Chip Kelly. College guys through and through that don't understand the nuances of how to manage full grown men.

• Like 1