Around the NFL: Only Commies like Carson.

Kiltman

27 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Gilmore would cost too much imo and be a 1-2 year guy. Smith is only 26 and could be here 4 to 5 years 

I watched a bunch of Jaylon film last night. Yikes. He will get picked up but he is slow.

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

HOWIE SZN

They probably were looking for a 2nd and Ertz for Gilmore straight up. While I would've been fine with that trade, with out luck Gilmore would've dropped off a cliff between last year and this year. It is just our luck. Not to mention we run zone a lot more than man. Would've been like a better version of Nnamdi but still playing out of position

Edited by oland11

Fletcher Cox certainly doesn't seem happy in his new role, where he's playing both as a straight-ahead rusher like he has in the past as well as a read-react role. Cox has been selected to the Pro Bowl in each of the past six seasons.

Yet through four games, Cox has zero sacks and zero tackles for losses.

"I mean scheme-wise, some things are different," Cox said, while saying he has to play better. "Last year I was able to kind of run off the ball a little bit. More than what we’re doing now. We’re playing a different style of defense. Two different coordinators. Now you see me sometimes in a 4 (technique), so that’s a big difference for me.

"It's hard to get settled into a game when you’re playing so many positions and doing so many things.

Things seem to be going great with our new defensive coordinator. 

Doesn’t seem like Gannon is playing to his personnel’s strengths which you never want to see from a young coach… has Cox feeling out of his element, Slay wasting away in zone.

Although he’s seeing them in practice, maybe they are not getting scheme tailored to them for a reason. Not giving Gannon benefit of doubt, why would I, just playing devil’s advocate. We’ll see. Next week is big, because if we set any sort of 3 game records for defensive ineptitude after breaking a bunch of 2 game records, I’m gonna say Gannon show is over. Yeah, our talent on D is bottom tier, but still NFL talent. No excuse for D to look as bad as it has past 2 weeks. 0 resistance.