Around the NFL: Only Commies like Carson.

Kiltman

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

True but ones highly illegal and another could just be morally wrong. It’s all in if he crossed a line and forced himself on someone or someones. Otherwise, he’s just a horn dog that let his labido do the talking. And let me be clear, I know there are a lot of instances that women are put into a situation where they feel like there’s no way out other than granting their assaulters’ wishes and I do really feel for them and hope he faces legal damage for that if that’s the case. But in all honesty, if he’s just a creeper who creeped too hard, I look at him more like Pee Wee Herman than Mike Tyson. Embarrassing? Yes. Morally corrupt? Certainly. Forgivable? I think so. 

Obviously would need to hear all the details of all of them, but it's kinda 1 strike and you're done into illegal category.
Which some of the ones that came out are or just clearly him forcing himself in some way onto them.

Pee Wee was taking care of his own business in an adult theater, Tyson raped an 18 year old girl. Both are illegal but one was victimless and one was a complete violation of a person. What Watson did isn't as far as Tyson, but it certainly way more towards that side of the spectrum. He used women, he abused his power and forced himself in various ways onto these women. Yeah I'm sure there were some that said F it and went along, and that's fine if they both agreed to it and she didn't feel forced. But when they didn't want to do anything and when he forced himself onto them or abused his power to get what he wanted it's much more akin to rape than just exploring your kink and knock one out.  I guess the breadth of this situations lends itself to the wider spectrum, but you basically gotta go worse case with it and judge from there way I see it.

There certainly is a pathway towards being fine, these cases aren't really sticking well and everyone just forgets what Tyson did.
Just like they have with many others.

Personally, if they are true... he has to pay the piper (Jail, Fines, etc) and shows some act of contrition for someone to feel ok being ok with him coming here. 
He's shown zero remorse or even acknowledged he thinks he was wrong, though I haven't followed it super closely for awhile. That'd have to change. I believe everyone deserves a path to make things right, but there needs to be consequences...especially for those in powerful positions that abuse those without any power.

Just my two cents. It's a super weird case and the fact that nowadays the NFL would just shrug and not get involved is odd.
I'm fine to let it all play out. I'd rather roll with Jalen and backup plan draft a rookie next year than deal away a bunch of capital for Watson as it stand now.
It'll such a weird feeling if they did make the move rn. Like it obviously moves us into position to compete sooner in a crappy division with not a lot of other young QB talent in conference. But just hard to root for him, the team with all that.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Obviously would need to hear all the details of all of them, but it's kinda 1 strike and you're done into illegal category.
Which some of the ones that came out are or just clearly him forcing himself in some way onto them.

Pee Wee was taking care of his own business in an adult theater, Tyson raped an 18 year old girl. Both are illegal but one was victimless and one was a complete violation of a person. What Watson did isn't as far as Tyson, but it certainly way more towards that side of the spectrum. He used women, he abused his power and forced himself in various ways onto these women. Yeah I'm sure there were some that said F it and went along, and that's fine if they both agreed to it and she didn't feel forced. But when they didn't want to do anything and when he forced himself onto them or abused his power to get what he wanted it's much more akin to rape than just exploring your kink and knock one out.  I guess the breadth of this situations lends itself to the wider spectrum, but you basically gotta go worse case with it and judge from there way I see it.

There certainly is a pathway towards being fine, these cases aren't really sticking well and everyone just forgets what Tyson did.
Just like they have with many others.

Personally, if they are true... he has to pay the piper (Jail, Fines, etc) and shows some act of contrition for someone to feel ok being ok with him coming here. 
He's shown zero remorse or even acknowledged he thinks he was wrong, though I haven't followed it super closely for awhile. That'd have to change. I believe everyone deserves a path to make things right, but there needs to be consequences...especially for those in powerful positions that abuse those without any power.

Just my two cents. It's a super weird case and the fact that nowadays the NFL would just shrug and not get involved is odd.
I'm fine to let it all play out. I'd rather roll with Jalen and backup plan draft a rookie next year than deal away a bunch of capital for Watson as it stand now.
It'll such a weird feeling if they did make the move rn. Like it obviously moves us into position to compete sooner in a crappy division with not a lot of other young QB talent in conference. But just hard to root for him, the team with all that.

Well said. 

The devil is in the details and it’ll be shame for women to recount these things or to be subjected to interrogation by a defense attorney but I just hope the truth comes out. Whether it helps or damns Watson. As you said, he’s not showing much remorse which is the act of a truly innocent or guilty man. We’ll see but your post was spot on. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

That first is gone boys. At least our QB's foot isn't broken I guess.

Most likely yeah, 5 weeks puts him back before week one. But as always with Wentz I’m sure even when he gets back there will be another issue. 10 weeks would have him back for 70% of the snaps.

Playing the Jags and Texans twice would theoretically help boost snap %.

Best thing to do probably is just hope the Colts suck the entirety of the time he’s out (because Wentz isn’t going to lift them out of a hole) and get pick 33-36. If we somehow get the first great, but seems far less likely.

My guess it won't be the 12 weeks but it will also not be 5 weeks from now. Still possible to snag the 1st but I wouldn't count on it. But this was an old injury though that has nagged him? Did the Eagles miss it? Anyways hopefully this helps him down the road.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Most likely yeah, 5 weeks puts him back before week one. But as always with Wentz I’m sure even when he gets back there will be another issue. 10 weeks would have him back for 70% of the snaps.

Playing the Jags and Texans twice would theoretically help boost snap %.

Best thing to do probably is just hope the Colts suck the entirety of the time he’s out (because Wentz isn’t going to lift them out of a hole) and get pick 33-36. If we somehow get the first great, but seems far less likely.

5-12 weeks is such a broad time frame.... I wonder if this means he has an option to come back sooner if he is feeling good early with a higher chance of reinjury?

Also, if its true that he just has had a bad foot for this long it explains why he was so damn injury prone. Bad feet = Bad body.

On 8/1/2021 at 8:22 AM, EaglesPeteC said:

Carson is like @Matts4313, public enemy #1 on this forum except none of us ever liked Matts to begin with 

They both did run off somewhere else when things got tough too that's for sure. Maybe Matts was never in love with Dak after all. Maybe he just hated Wentz so much because he saw too much of himself in him.