Around the NFL: Only Commies like Carson.

Kiltman

37 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:
1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I can't even lie. I would love Parsons speed at LB on our defense. He's already everywhere and he's not even that experienced at LB. Dude is gonna be a problem in the future for us.

Hopefully he'll be good while the rest of the team is bad. 

They got Dak bruh..... and they've been drafting well for the most part for years.

I REALLY hope Kellen Moore accepts a HC job somewhere this offseason. 

Obviously Gannon/Sirianni made the right adjustments today and hopefully that continues cause they kept preaching how they would be flexible and play to players strengths all off-season, but if they don't end up working out we may REALLY be regretting not hiring Moore. Also, imagine how happy @ianlewis16would've been if we did it. His little heart would've exploded from excitement.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

9 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

They got Dak bruh..... and they've been drafting well for the most part for years.

I REALLY hope Kellen Moore accepts a HC job somewhere this offseason. 

Obviously Gannon/Sirianni made the right adjustments today and hopefully that continues cause they kept preaching how they would be flexible and play to players strengths all off-season, but if they don't end up working out we may be regretting not hiring Moore. Also, imagine how happy @ianlewis16would've been if we did it. His little heart would've exploded from excitement.

I'm curious how Moore will be as a head coach.
Vegas, Chicago and Minnesota are solid options, depending what your opinion on Fields is.
I'd avoid the Giants, Texans or Jags jobs if they became open. As well as here.

As I've said before he kinda screams "guy who should stay OC" given his demeaner but who knows.

24 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Vegas, Chicago and Minnesota are solid options, depending what your opinion on Fields is.

As I've said before he kinda screams "guy who should stay OC" given his demeaner but who knows.

Meh. I don't think that. If a guy is a great offense or defense designer/play caller I'll take a shot on them, especially offense cause of how todays league is and how I'd rather go looking for a DC replacement than OC.

Moore may not be the loudest guy. He's not gonna give off the aura some coaches give, but I feel like his teammates, fellow coaches, and/or former Cowboys (Aikman and Romo for a couple) rave about him. You gotta have some level of leadership to play QB and be successful and he absolutely was at Boise. 

I think I would pair him with an experienced DC who can make his transition from OC to HC easier though. Speaking of which that isn't something we did with Sirianni/Gannon which probably makes sense why we are going through a lot of growing pains with them. Not even sure we added a senior advisor type to the staff which I know a lot of media guys were banging the table for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:
2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Meh. I don't think that. If a guy is a great offense or defense designer/play caller I'll take a shot on them, especially offense cause of how todays league is and how I'd rather go looking for a DC replacement than OC.

Moore may not be the loudest guy. He's not gonna give off the aura some coaches give, but I feel like his teammates, fellow coaches, and/or former Cowboys (Aikman and Romo for a couple) rave about him. You gotta have some level of leadership to play QB and be successful and he absolutely was at Boise. 

I think I would pair him with an experienced DC who can make his transition from OC to HC easier though. Speaking of which that isn't something we did with Sirianni/Gannon which probably makes sense why we are going through a lot of growing pains with them. Not even sure we added a senior advisor type to the staff which I know a lot of media guys were banging the table for.

Curious to hear from some Cowboys fans about the part of Kilt's post that I bolded in my quote.

@Matts4313 @resilient part 2 @plan9misfit @Texas_OutLaw7 @D82

Edit: And, don't just say y'all agree cause obviously you would want him to stay put lol.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

8 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Curious to hear from some Cowboys fans about the part of Kilt's post that I bolded in my quote.

Edit: And, don't just say y'all agree cause obviously you would want him to stay put lol.

I think Moore will make an outstanding head coach when he’s ready. He’s a prodigy as an offensive mind, much like Sean Payton was when he was young and Sean McVay is now. He’s not a “rah rah” guy like McVay because he’s more of a chess-master type, but his ability to scheme is incredible. Obviously, we don’t want him going anywhere because you don’t let genius like that walk away…let alone walk away twice (we let Sean Payton leave to take the New Orleans job when Parcells was on his way out).

That said, I don’t think he’s ready to be a head coach yet. I think he needs another year, but teams will give him a shot this offseason because of his talent.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kiltman said:

10 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

9 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Moore is garbage! Stay away.

...in all seriousness, Moore has a tremendous amount of potential. He's often the smartest person in the room. The way he processes is amazing. But he is young. He has less than 20 games calling plays. 

I think he is going to experience growing pains, and that is more than okay. The team loves him. They buy into him & his madness. I great deal of Dak's success can be tethered to him. 

• Like 1