Around the NFL: Only Commies like Carson.

Kiltman

39 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Not sure how I feel giving up a 6th in what should be an extremely deep class with all the players that got an extra year of eligibility cause of Covid, but whatever. Hopefully Vincent can contribute down the line.

Like Howie is going to pick a good CB regardless of how many good ones are in the draft. He is the worst CB drafter of all time.

25 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Sounds like a bad ordeal, was it one casualty or more?

As of a couple hours again, Ruggs was in the hospital but going to survive, the other driver did not make it. Not sure about anyone else riding with either. Ruggs will most likely get charged with a DUI and vehicular manslaughter on top of other charges they might try to tack on.

14 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Like Howie is going to pick a good CB regardless of how many good ones are in the draft. He is the worst CB drafter of all time.

So trading for corners other teams just drafted hoping they draft corners better than us is the way? Big brain stuff right there lol.

But, nah that’s one less pick I get to make in the mock draft machines 😂👎🏻

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

So trading for corners other teams just drafted hoping they draft corners better than us is the way? Big brain stuff right there lol.

But, nah that’s one less pick I get to make in the mock draft machines 😂👎🏻

It's working for the Rams, we just need to improve the pick value and the caliber of CB we acquire. They should not be rookies that have proven about as much as guys still in college.

21 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

It's working for the Rams, we just need to improve the pick value and the caliber of CB we acquire. They should not be rookies that have proven about as much as guys still in college.

That’s not what the Rams are doing and no we don’t need to be trading higher picks for established corners. We are by now means ready to really compete now. Rams were a SB contender coming into the season.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

18 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

That’s not what the Rams are doing and no we don’t need to be trading higher picks for established corners. We are by now means ready to really compete now. Rams were a SB contender coming into the season.

Were they a SB contender prior to trading for Aqib Talib and Marcus Peters (the year they went to the SB)?
Were we a SB contender the year we won, heading into the season?

Edited by Jeezla

10 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

were they a SB contender prior to trading for Aqib Talib and Marcus Peters (the year they went there)?

Rams thought they had their franchise QB. I doubt the Eagles do. They had the best defensive player in the league in Donald and we have a declining/aging Fletcher Cox. Just taking a peak at their roster from 2018 they were also a decent bit younger than we are. They probably weren’t in cap hell. They were coming off a 11-5 record after McVay’s first year in which they made the playoffs. We are coming off a 4-11-1 season where our HC got fired and our QB got traded. 

GIF by Jason Clarke

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Rams thought they had their franchise QB. I doubt the Eagles do. They had the best defensive player in the league in Donald and we have a declining/aging Fletcher Cox. Just taking a peak at their roster from 2018 they were also a decent bit younger than we are. They probably weren’t in cap hell. They were coming off a 11-5 record after McVay’s first year in which they made the playoffs. We are coming off a 4-11-1 season where our HC got fired and our QB got traded. 

GIF by Jason Clarke

You can't go wrong trading for an established dude who is 25ish and going to be good for another 4-5 years vs hoping you get the draft pick right. Even then it might take 3 years for that pick to justify themselves versus trading for a guy who can help win games day 1. I love what the Rams do to acquire elite players vs hoping they draft one. SB "windows" change yearly. All it takes is 1 good offseason and a decent QB. So we're screwed, but it would be nice to have some young elite talent  players at other positions.

Edited by Jeezla

5 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

You can't go wrong trading for an established dude who is 25ish and going to be good for another 4-5 years vs hoping you get the draft pick right. 

What team is trading a good corner that is 25 years old that has more than this year left on his deal? Do you hear yourself rn?

5 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I love what the Rams do to acquire elite players vs hoping they draft one.

I value draft picks a lot. Obviously less so with Howie here, but our roster is aging and not that good and has a lot of holes. That strategy the Rams are using is fine for them cause they have a really good team and coach. 

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

What team is trading a good corner that is 25 years old that has more than this year left on his deal? Do you hear yourself rn?

I value draft picks a lot. Obviously less so with Howie here, but our roster is aging and not that good and has a lot of holes. That strategy the Rams are using is fine for them cause they have a really good team and coach. 

None of them if they don't get the right offers. What team trades a young Khalil Mack? What team trades DeAndre Hopkins? What team trades Drew Brees? Stuff happens.

Edited by Jeezla

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Exactly. So, if you wanna go and trade a couple of our first rounders or at least a first and second rounder, then go ahead. I’m good on that though. 

I'd do it in a second for a top tier CB (that doesn't turn 27 til next year)

I think all the ones worth trading for are on potential playoff teams tho.

1st and a 2nd for Tredavious White? Sold.

Edited by Jeezla