Around the NFL: Only Commies like Carson.

Kiltman

3 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Watson isn't going to jail. These are almost all civil cases and there almost certainly won't be enough evidence to get him put behind bars in any cases that were actually prosecuted(if any ever are, I seriously doubt they will be). He hasn't been charged with anything and these allegations have been out there for months. There is a reason for that.

I am not saying he isn't guilty, or that he isn't a really bad guy. I am just saying him going to jail is extremely unlikely. A long suspension is the only way he is kept off the field.

24 civil cases and 10 criminal inquiries. 

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

24 civil cases and 10 criminal inquiries. 

10 Women have filled a criminal complaint. There is no way to know how many of them are actually being investigated or are likely to lead to a charge. Proving crimes like this in court is extremely difficult unless the authorities are involved immediately(see Kobe Bryant, Ben Roethlisberger). The overwhelming majority of these women are going to be trying to get their justice in civil court.

I just don't see him going to jail. I think it is more likely he is suspended indefinitely and kept out of the league than he is put in jail for a lengthy amount of time. It is easy to portray details to the public and destroy his image in order to win a civil case. It is really, really difficult to prove beyond reasonable doubt that he absolutely did these things in criminal court. If you ask the common person if they think Casey Anthony killed her kid, they would almost all say yes, and yet she is allowed to live a normal life today because that bar is so hard to beat(as disgusting as it is).

And again, not defending him or claiming he did nothing wrong. I am just speculating based on my knowledge of how these things typically go. I personally just want the Eagles to move on with Hurts, and if he sucks draft a young QB next year and fill some holes. 

3 hours ago, ACO said:

I think Watson would by far be the best QB in the division. Heck top in the conference. That said, I think the Texans would be in the better situation of the two teams. They would get a boatload of picks in addition to the ton they already have. They fire selling for the future and that means a ton on rookie deals, including their QB. The Eagles have a lot of aging holes to still fill and you would want to use quality high picks on that. But then again having your franchise QB cemented is always better.

I see both sides. 

Having a perennial pro bowl QB for a decade with a young, talented offense is heads and shoulders the better situation. The defense may be a little rocky in a year or two but the offense could be one of the better ones in the league possibly in a couple years. The Texans are literally starting everything over. Eagles with Watson are clearly in a better situation. 

5 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Having a perennial pro bowl QB for a decade with a young, talented offense is heads and shoulders the better situation. The defense may be a little rocky in a year or two but the offense could be one of the better ones in the league possibly in a couple years. The Texans are literally starting everything over. Eagles with Watson are clearly in a better situation. 

But the Texas as a stellar offense and they struggled to win games too. It will be the same situation. All that said we shall see. It would be a get for the Eagles for sure.

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I don't trust Albright on Texans' related stuff. He's missed a lot more than he's hit.

I have this, which is... Interesting:

It seems as if there's a PR firm that's doing their homework on what Houston sports media is saying.

Now, it could be in relation to anything - James Harden, trash cans, Houston's very own Simone Biles - but it doesn't feel like that, y'know?

Somebody is gauging the response on Deshaun Watson. Why? Hmm, I don't know - but given the smoke from yesterday? Somebody is looking to take the dive, IMO.

It's not necessarily the Eagles, either. It could be Carolina, Denver, WFT - could be anyone.

10 minutes ago, ACO said:

But the Texas as a stellar offense and they struggled to win games too. It will be the same situation. All that said we shall see. It would be a get for the Eagles for sure.

Nah. Pretty average overall. Good passing game. One of the worst running games. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:
14 minutes ago, ACO said:

Nah. Pretty average overall. Good passing game. One of the worst running games. 

It was middling - not great, but not bad either. Watson found a gear without DeAndre Hopkins, he started to go through his progressions and find open guys as opposed to heaving it to 'Nuk and letting 'Nuk do his thing.

This being said, the Texans defense was atrocious - guys like Jake Luton and Brandon Allen were throwing for 300+ and 3 TDs. Doesn't matter what Watson does when he's in a shootout with an inferior QB because his defense can't create a turnover, sack or hold coverage.

If you have a semblance of a defense, you'll provide Watson more support than he got last season. Romeo Crennel was running his 1986 defense against a 2020 offense, and that went as bad as you'd imagine.

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I don't trust Albright on Texans' related stuff. He's missed a lot more than he's hit.

I have this, which is... Interesting:

It seems as if there's a PR firm that's doing their homework on what Houston sports media is saying.

Now, it could be in relation to anything - James Harden, trash cans, Houston's very own Simone Biles - but it doesn't feel like that, y'know?

Somebody is gauging the response on Deshaun Watson. Why? Hmm, I don't know - but given the smoke from yesterday? Somebody is looking to take the dive, IMO.

It's not necessarily the Eagles, either. It could be Carolina, Denver, WFT - could be anyone.

I think its safe to say any organization that needs a QB is doing their homework right now. No one is questioning whether or not the Eagles are interested... they are. But the idea that talks were "heating up" seem to be all smoke currently.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

But the idea that talks were "heating up" seem to be all smoke currently.

This is fair - but I'd say that if an organization is bringing in a PR firm, they're doing more than standard homework.

The feedback from the PR firm could be the precursor for a heat up.

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It was middling - not great, but not bad either. Watson found a gear without DeAndre Hopkins, he started to go through his progressions and find open guys as opposed to heaving it to 'Nuk and letting 'Nuk do his thing.

This being said, the Texans defense was atrocious - guys like Jake Luton and Brandon Allen were throwing for 300+ and 3 TDs. Doesn't matter what Watson does when he's in a shootout with an inferior QB because his defense can't create a turnover, sack or hold coverage.

If you have a semblance of a defense, you'll provide Watson more support than he got last season. Romeo Crennel was running his 1986 defense against a 2020 offense, and that went as bad as you'd imagine.

Nothing to argue there but “stellar” they were not. If you gave him a good running game. Top 10, which I think the Eagles could provide, your defense just needs to be ok to win ballgames. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Top 10, which I think the Eagles could provide, your defense just needs to be ok to win ballgames. 

Texans defense was in the bottom 30 of defenses, and had the lowest turnover production since 1980. 

Can't really argue the run offense. It was bad.

1 hour ago, Daimonas said:

Man I wish this Watson crap would be over already. I'm tired of having to hope that my favorite football organization isn't stupid enough to trade for a dude with over 20 sexual assault / rape allegations. 

Like, I'd almost rather sign Kaepernick right now. At least then I don't actually have to care, or watch them give up notable assets in the process of doing so.

7 hours ago, ET80 said:

Texans defense was in the bottom 30 of defenses, and had the lowest turnover production since 1980. 

Can't really argue the run offense. It was bad.

ET, I always wondered…. Just how good is Watson? Like I know he’s a good QB but he always gets tossed around as a top 5 guy. I can’t say I every quite saw that but I’ve also probably watched him in like 2-4 games max over the years.