Around the NFL: Only Commies like Carson.

Kiltman

16 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Good post.

I was just about to say until I got to this part that Reagor definitely wasn’t high floor. I liked him a lot coming out like everyone knows, but I never would’ve described him that way lol. He definitely doesn’t come from a winning program like a Bama and the lack of competitiveness is another big check mark. 

I really don’t get with that being the COVID year and teams were able to do zooms with players I’m pretty sure as much as they wanted, so they could meet with players virtually more than could in person most years. Yet they weren’t able to get a good grasp of his character.

If only we had Sirianni last year to play him in virtual Rock Paper Scissors to see what he was really made up of.  

The thing is covid or not, we have made a habit of drafting players with weak character because part of the image of the franchise is drafting players that are good boys which doesn't translate so well in performance on the field of a violent sport. Hell, I even forgot to mention Sidney Jones and Nelson Agholor on my previous post and they are prime examples of that. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we should look for criminals for each pick, but that the Eagles have a hard time evaluating character as a competitive trait instead of an off the field thing. 

Edited by Broadway Joe
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Rasul Douglas as well. Schwartz really screwed that up. 

Crazy to think if we didn’t have a stop gap of a D coordinator in Jim Shorts, what our D could’ve looked like. He could not develop any talent. Not saying Rasul and Sidney would’ve been good here, but they’ve done serviceable for 2nd and 3rd round picks for their new teams since they left. 

Rasul had a hot 4 week stretch in Carolina too before being exposed and not brought back in the offseason. He is a ballhawk for sure but he gets burnt so easily due to jumping routes and lack of athleticism. He has played great recently but he was on a practice squad to start the year for a reason. I'd wait and see on him.

I literally haven't watched the Seahawks play yet so idk about Jones. PFF has him graded at 60.2 on the year but who knows with PFF grades. My guess is both guys are better than they were here but they still aren't good long term fits at CB for any team.

There is no question the Pederson regime was terrible at developing talent, but Howie has also consistently given us trash talent to work with as well so...

2 hours ago, oland11 said:

Crazy to think if we didn’t have a stop gap of a D coordinator in Jim Shorts, what our D could’ve looked like. He could not develop any talent. Not saying Rasul and Sidney would’ve been good here, but they’ve done serviceable for 2nd and 3rd round picks for their new teams since they left. 

I’ll take the super bowl, fine by me.

Defense went ghost in the game but they got us there

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I dont see why he would want to come here 

It’s not Seattle, the oline is pretty great, a couple young weapons and leaves one of the hardest divisions for one of the easiest.

Brand wise the East is pretty good for a guy like him too. Which honestly I think the leaked interest helps kick up stuff in all but the Cowboys. 

What are the other options outside the NFCE?  Carolina, Houston, Steelers?
Cleveland if they don’t want Baker back?
Miami or Denver if Watson/Rodgers don’t go there, which it seems they will?

17 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I think this is the key factor. If Watson or Rodgers end up in Miami / Denver. What really is the most attractive landing spot for Russ?

Pittsburgh following Big Ben, pushing him out the door?

Houston - Dysfunctional FO limited talent?

Cleveland  - It's Cleveland?

Carolina - Not the biggest of Markets but very good defense,  did spend some time at NCST.

NYG/Phil/DC - Large Markets, Plenty of Televised games, Weapons on all 3, OL improvements with 2 of the 3. Close to NY if not in it.

Unfortunately I think he becomes a Giants and continues to torment this Franchise every time he plays us. Only hope is he avoids them because of their OL.

Edited by Nabbs4u

18 hours ago, Kiltman said:

It’s not Seattle, the oline is pretty great, a couple young weapons and leaves one of the hardest divisions for one of the easiest.

Brand wise the East is pretty good for a guy like him too. Which honestly I think the leaked interest helps kick up stuff in all but the Cowboys. 

With all the rumors of people not wanting to work with Howie gotta question if that will also play a part with trying to get a QB with a no trade clause.

Obviously open market FAs will just sign the biggest contract so that isn't a problem.