Around the NFL: Only Commies like Carson.

Kiltman

7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

To think people on here were trying to push him out the door because he "was'nt" Big Play Slay from Detroit any more. 👌👍

Don't you know? That's how you show you're smarter than everybody else. You need to be the first to say each player is a bust. That way when a portion of the players inevitably fail/bust you can tell people that "you told them so" and let people know you were the first to say it. 

43 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Anyone else ever catch a game with Jordan Poyer and remember the Eagles drafted and then cut him and then look at the Eagles’ safety depth chart and then weep? 

The weird thing is im pretty sure the whole board loved the pick and we just never gave him a chance to really succeed here. Cutting Poyer was significantly worse than Rasul/Jones.

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:
4 hours ago, Danger said:

It was Jeezla

Pretty sure he'd try to package Nick Sirianni in a deal to move up from pick 40 to pick 31 or something.

I’m not 100 certain Jeezla and Ninja are not the same person 

I wanted Brady for his WR development skills (Justin Jefferson and Chase at LSU/Robby Anderson/DJ Moore). I've also backed Sirianni since his hire probably more than anyone else on this forum.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

To think people on here were trying to push him out the door because he "was'nt" Big Play Slay from Detroit any more. 👌👍

it wasn't because he sucked, it was because by the time we're ready to compete for a deep playoff run, he'll be 33. Never made sense, financially, after he re-structured before the season though, but I wouldn't be opposed to trading him if there was no dead cap. The reason we don't win a SB next year won't be because Darius Slay isn't on our team, it will be because our QB and pass rush isn't that good.

Edited by Jeezla

57 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

The reason we don't win a SB next year won't be because Darius Slay isn't on our team, it will be because our QB and pass rush isn't that good.

Imagine if the latter two actually improved and Slay was still an Eagle? This Team/Defense wouldn't be better? You keep acting like our CB are good, who? Some Rookie? We've seen the 💩 show of CB tossed out there since 2017 and they're a GD joke!

You don't trade away or get rid of at worst the 2nd best player on Defense period and expect to be better because of it. Not unless your name is Bill Belichick. Which Gannon is not.

No reason for Slay not to be a Eagle and the 1 constant in that secondary in 2022. 

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The weird thing is im pretty sure the whole board loved the pick and we just never gave him a chance to really succeed here. Cutting Poyer was significantly worse than Rasul/Jones.

I looked back on that team and I'm not surprised he got cut, he was essentially the lowest on the totem pole. I don't think we considered him a safety because we had Kurt Coleman, Nate Allen, Patrick Chung, Earl Wolff (drafted same draft) and Curt Anderson. At CB, we had Cary Williams, Bradley Fletcher, Brandon Boykin, Curtis Marsh, Roc Carmichael. He really needed Sean McDermitt to help him re-envision how he played (ie: move him to safety)

20 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

I'm just happy he is doing better under Gannon. He was kind of a waste of picks and money last year. 

Was he? He had like 3 maybe 4 bad games the entire season last year. Struggling solo with no safety help against davante adams, dk metcalf, and hopkins doesn't really mean you're a waste of resources.