Around the NFL: Only Commies like Carson.

Kiltman

16 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Good to see he’s back in a decent mental state. People really struggle with it and personally I don’t fully understand it. I’ve been depressed and have bouts of anxiety like the rest. Never to the point of hurting myself or not being able to do my every day tasks but I can see how it can be and it’s not fun. Like a mental jail where you can’t escape your thoughts. And although I can’t fully get it, I’m glad he’s ok and took the time to get right. Theres a pretty big stigma about football players and men in general that we have to be mentally tough at all times and it’s not very fair. When you’re mentally screwed up it effects everything else. Better for everyone involved to take care of yourself first. 

Yep, it’s definitely a stigma and none of it is one size fits all. Even when you have it your ability to deal with it ranges greatly. Like dealing with it most my own coherent life, gets hard to totally avoid from getting to you at times.

I’m glad he has gotten to a good place, sometimes the fear and anxiety post depressive episode can just keep pushing you back down into it. Especially for guys and the backward thinking towards mental health that we have to deal with. He seems to have a good core around him that will be supportive with Brandon having to deal with it too.

12 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

All 3 are OL. And arguably our best OL at the time of their breakdowns. Wierd. 

I don't know if it is related or not, but I do think that the Eagles are a bad organization when it comes to treatment of players, it's something that Joe Banner started and has been perpetuated since by his disciple Howie.

23 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I don't know if it is related or not, but I do think that the Eagles are a bad organization when it comes to treatment of players, it's something that Joe Banner started and has been perpetuated since by his disciple Howie.

Is there more information on this? I find this hard to believe given how positive Brooks and now Lane seem to be after dealing with these issues. 

2 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I don't mean related to people with this issues, but to players in general.

Yeah - is there more information on this? I feel like if what you're saying is true (and I'm not doubting it) we would hear a lot more about it when Brooks was going through whatever he was going through and we'd be hearing about it again with Lane. 

I just don't see any proof that the players are traded badly - Ertz being very emotional, Kelce being emotional after last year, BG wanting to retire here, the list goes on. 

Edited by Scalamania

So when FOX Sports insider Jay Glazer fielded questions from football fans for his weekly #AskGlazer Twitter segment, he was asked if Sirianni might be on the hot seat already.

Here's what Glazer, one of the more plugged-in reporters who accurately predicted the Zach Ertz trade, had to offer:

"No. Not at all. Listen, he's a first-year head coach there, and I know Philadelphia is tough, but he's not on the hot seat this early on. But that's what happens in Philly, right? Just want to say, 'Oh my gosh, we're losing,' but no. They're not going to fire him after year one."

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/nfl-rumors-eagles-nick-sirianni-not-all-hot-seat-insider-reports

8 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Has any other team had a player, let alone 2, that miss games due to anxiety? 

I mean you never know what the story is when a player misses a game due to “illness” or “personal issues” 

Glass half full way of looking at it is the players feel comfortable enough and supported enough by the organization to be honest about it and feel backed enough to be open and public and not hide it. 

5 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Seems like this is how this stuff starts. It’s ridiculous then improbable then possible then rumored then likely then fired. 

Can’t never stay never. Its certainly knee jerk and unlikely but if the rest of the season is an absolute train wreck, players start complaining publicly, coach loses locker room, it’s a possibility. Be stupid to retain a guy with no future. Especially when this team will be turned upside down next year with the draft picks and veteran guys being dismissed one way or another. 

The only way I see Sirianni being gone after this season is if Laurie decides Howie's got to go. Which I think is unlikely, but I'm more in favor of at this point. I won't be as devastated as some of you if he is still here next year, but I think it's time.