Around the NFL: Only Commies like Carson.

Kiltman

10 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Of course Fields got better as the game went on after I made that post.

He almost brought them back from the early 14-0 deficit.

Lol yeah Fields FLASHED yesterday with some big time plays, no doubt about it. Very impressive 2nd half… but I still am pretty low on him. He seems to process things way too slowly. He was an ideal candidate to sit 1 year and just hunker down in film room. TBD if he builds off this performance and just needed some time to adjust to the speed of the game and how quickly you need to make decisions.

12 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

It's very early in their careers, but taking Smith > Fields is looking good.

FDsFMdGXEAgyyTs?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FDsIaCuWEAcd39O?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I do not get their rankings at all. Hurts puts up stats but the eye-test says he is not good. Yet, PFF thinks his play is better than his production. I also have to say that I think Hurts is very boring when not running the ball. Miserable experience generally when he is throwing. 

2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Lol yeah Fields FLASHED yesterday with some big time plays, no doubt about it. Very impressive 2nd half… but I still am pretty low on him. He seems to process things way too slowly. He was an ideal candidate to sit 1 year and just hunker down in film room. TBD if he builds off this performance and just needed some time to adjust to the speed of the game and how quickly you need to make decisions.

Yeah he processes slowly but the talent is so obvious when you watch him play. Throwing on the run, throwing down field, off script plays... all of them are there. If the mental game for him comes he will be really good. He is literally just a talented version of Jalen Hurts and the difference is truly staggering when watching them play.

18 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Probably better to just keep him. What would we get in a trade? a 4th?

I'll take a 4th.

Gainwell, Scott, and Howard do just as much if not more and aren't going to be heading into the last year of their deal.

I hate to say it, but at the NFL level, Sanders is just a guy. He's not bad, just easily replaceable.

15 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'll take a 4th.

Gainwell, Scott, and Howard do just as much if not more and aren't going to be heading into the last year of their deal.

I hate to say it, but at the NFL level, Sanders is just a guy. He's not bad, just easily replaceable.

Agreed - Sanders has always been overrated by this fanbase. He's just your average running back in the NFL, which isn't a bad thing, but unfortunately for him it's not hard to find an average running back anymore. 

5 hours ago, EAGLES3658 said:

I do not get their rankings at all. Hurts puts up stats but the eye-test says he is not good. Yet, PFF thinks his play is better than his production. I also have to say that I think Hurts is very boring when not running the ball. Miserable experience generally when he is throwing. 

On the first chart one axis is PFF’s grade, but the other is EPA/CPOE which has nothing to do with PFF and that has Hurts higher too. Also, the thing is Hurts has protected the ball pretty well and he’s not asked to do as much. He has 4 INTs and 2 fumbles lost (pretty great for a running QB). I could be wrong, but I’m willing to bet his grade as a runner brings up his PFF grade too.