Around the NFL: Only Commies like Carson.

Kiltman

3 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Agreed - Sanders has always been overrated by this fanbase. He's just your average running back in the NFL, which isn't a bad thing, but unfortunately for him it's not hard to find an average running back anymore. 

Average is kinda harsh. His big play ability is elite, but he doesn’t take what’s there often and results in more no gains or loss of yardage because of that. Shady did this a lot too, but he had better vision and was a better pass catcher and stayed healthier. If Sanders rookie receiving carried over to the future I would definitely be higher on him, but alas it did not. We definitely aren’t re-signing him to a big new contract and with how little we’ve utilized him in the run game in his career I’m not even sure why he would want to stay. A divorce is bound to happen. He’s still under contract next year, so we still have time to trade him. Hopefully he can stay healthy when he comes back and next year, so we can get like a 3rd rounder for him. That would be close to getting what we spent for him which was a 2nd. I’d be happy with that result. 

Based on my observations, PFF puts a premium on protecting the ball for their QB grades. Hurts has been very good at that, so them grading him well doesn’t surprise me. I also don’t think they give a negative grade for not attempting throws they should, which is good because that’s an impossible task, but it means someone who struggles with reading the field like Hurts doesn’t get dinged when he doesn’t see Devonta wide open. At least that’s what I think.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Based on my observations, PFF puts a premium on protecting the ball for their QB grades. Hurts has been very good at that, so them grading him well doesn’t surprise me. I also don’t think they give a negative grade for not attempting throws they should, which is good because that’s an impossible task, but it means someone who struggles with reading the field like Hurts doesn’t get dinged when he doesn’t see Devonta wide open. At least that’s what I think.

Yep. I mentioned that about the protecting the ball in my last post, but that is also a good point about them not dinging for the throws he doesn’t make.

I think Jalen has been about what I thought he would be going into this year. He’s probably been a little better, cause I didn’t come into the season with all that much confidence. It’s not really fair to him having like 1.25 (4 games + this season) years to prove he’s the guy, but it is what it is.

He has like half a season to show enough for them not to trade their first for a QB or take one high. Speaking of which I know there has been lots of talk of Russell Wilson, but he has a no trade clause and we weren’t listed on his original list of destinations. Not sure he would wanna come here with a young inexperienced coaching staff and an aging roster without that much established talent and cap problems at least for another year or two maybe. We still have bad deals on our docket of declining players. My hope coming into the year was Hurts could play well enough to warrant wanting another year on a QB since this class wasn’t looking too good and I still feel that way. Maybe I’ll come around to wanting one of the QBs in this class, but I’d rather hammer home defense next draft if possible.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

6 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

TBH I’d rather he miss the game and they lose to the Jags. We don’t need this game to get the first.

I'd rather Wentz play and Jonathan Taylor miss the game for personal reasons.
If Taylor misses a game, the Colts are prob losing that game.

Edited by Jeezla

7 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Ravens are ******* with us.

I saw this. What in the hell. And the commentators didn’t even mention it. I think it was Buck and Troy. Troy just said he ran out of real estate. lol, BS. Dude gave up for whatever reason. Did he think he was going to run into the FG pole? Possibly, but yea, as it said, terrible look.