Around the NFL: Only Commies like Carson.

Kiltman

7 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Choose to find joy where I can

Rams have a somewhat bleak future. Mortgaged future for this season but only 7-4, which carries many implications for your QB and/or coach. No 1sts in foreseeable future, closing window as all key pieces are already in their prime and have peaked, little cap flexibility (well, we know first hand that probably doesn’t mean much). Don’t get me wrong, doesn’t hold a candle to the bleakness of our future, but Rams are a few minutes from midnight. Need to turn things around ASAP.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Rams have a somewhat bleak future. Mortgaged future for this season but only 7-4, which carries many implications for your QB and/or coach. No 1sts in foreseeable future, closing window as all key pieces are already in their prime and have peaked, little cap flexibility (well, we know first hand that probably doesn’t mean much). Don’t get me wrong, doesn’t hold a candle to the bleakness of our future, but Rams are a few minutes from midnight. Need to turn things around ASAP.

They are a good football team. They just keep turning the ball over. If they limit turnovers they will be a really hard to beat. 

7 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

They are a good football team. They just keep turning the ball over. If they limit turnovers they will be a really hard to beat. 

There was a report saying how injuries are piling up on Stafford. Chronic back pain, ankle sprain, there’s another I'm forgetting. Now that could easily be his agent leaking that ti shield him, but it’s believable given his sharp decline in play as year has gone on. 

I also question their post-Staley D. 

I’ve definitely soured on Rams. I feel like we are destined for Bucs-Pack NFCC rematch. Cardinals as a bit of a wildcard.

5 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

On a day where Jalen Reagor absolutely sucked Justin Jefferson eclipsed 1k yards for the second year in a row. What a brutal pick Reagor has been. 

There’s a lot of young players I am always afraid will break out once they escape this organization. Reagor is not one of them. We will be the last roster he ever makes.

6 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

There’s a lot of young players I am always afraid will break out once they escape this organization. Reagor is not one of them. We will be the last roster he ever makes.

He just sucks - sucks as a wideout, sucks as a returner. 

It would lessen the sting a bit if the wideouts taken after him sucked too - however, they do not. We literally drafted a garbage returner over a slew of capable NFL WRs. 

Reagor is a bigger bust than Watkins or Smith and it’s not really close. 

Seriously this is what happens when you make a habit out of drafting players with a combination of weak competitive character, not an elite or winning program, high floor type. Just look at the players mentioned, Danny Watkins, Marcus Smith, Andre Dillard, JJAW, Derek Barnett, Jalen Reagor and to an extent Carson Wentz. All of them have one or all the flaws mentioned and all fit the bill of what the Eagles look for players and a reason this team is where it is at drafting. 

And it is why DeVonta Smith looks so different from an Eagles player, he wants to be the hero and wants the ball when it matters the most. The last player we had with such qualities on offense were Shady and DeSean, and Fletcher Cox is the last guy overall with such character. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

All of them have one or all the flaws mentioned

Good post.

I was just about to say until I got to this part that Reagor definitely wasn’t high floor. I liked him a lot coming out like everyone knows, but I never would’ve described him that way lol. He definitely doesn’t come from a winning program like a Bama and the lack of competitiveness is another big check mark. 

I really don’t get with that being the COVID year and teams were able to do zooms with players I’m pretty sure as much as they wanted, so they could meet with players virtually more than could in person most years. Yet they weren’t able to get a good grasp of his character.

If only we had Sirianni last year to play him in virtual Rock Paper Scissors to see what he was really made up of.