Around the NFL: Only Commies like Carson.

Kiltman

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

@ET80 pull some strings and make it stop.

No, need you to do this and get him on the cheap - conditional picks in the 3rd or something - so I can break away from the Texans for good.

I cannot have Philly give up the house, because that'll keep me glued to Cal, Jack and Nick - and watching them used these Eagles picks to draft a bunch of Sony Michel/N'Keal Harry players will drive me beyond insane.

I'll hurt people at that point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

No, need you to do this and get him on the cheap - conditional picks in the 3rd or something - so I can break away from the Texans for good.

I cannot have Philly give up the house, because that'll keep me glued to Cal, Jack and Nick - and watching them used these Eagles picks to draft a bunch of Sony Michel/N'Keal Harry players will drive me beyond insane.

I'll hurt people at that point.

If you were gonna break away, you would've by now IMHO.

You can't bring yourself to do it.

28 minutes ago, Danger said:

If you were gonna break away, you would've by now IMHO.

Posting on a football forum is hardly my true sign of support - it's actual money spent on the team.

I usually budget about $3k to go to a few games a year and buy Texans merchandise - I was somewhere in the 18,000s on the wait list for season tickets, had plans on buying about five along with PSLs (about a $65,000 total investment with three other buddies - my wife would kill me, but I could always find another one if it came down to it).

As soon as Nick Caserio was hired (and Jack Easterby was not fired) I rebudgeted that money to other things (Astros, most notably - don't care about the cheating scandal, what's done is done). I wasn't the only one, apparently - I went from 18,000ish in line to #1 in line and got the call to buy my season tickets, people were not renewing in record fashion. When I got that call, I texted my buddies, we all agreed... and I politely told my ticket ambassador that we would not spend another dollar on the Texans until Cal McNair sold the team to competent owners.

So, I'll still be here on the site (Gen, News, TAST, Entertainment, mostly). I like it here. But, where it matters? My wallet? Yeah, I'm not putting my money into a poor investment once I saw how that building is being ran. I have fundamental issues with how they are choosing to do business, who they're excluding (Omar Khan, Robert Selah - hmm, as a South Asian man, I wonder why Khan and Selah weren't considered) and how they are building their culture. They could trade Watson for a haul and hit Yahtzee on every pick and turn themselves into a dynasty... and I couldn't get past the utter nonsense going on inside the building with it's toxic positivity/holier than thou culture.

Real talk: The franchise has grown thin on me, and I can't see myself spending money on it until Cal is out of town. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Im here to see a Hurts/Watson swap that ends with the Texans & Hurts in the playoffs with Watson & the Eagles tanking. It will be beautiful chaos. 

Getting Watson would make the team worse? I’d be more worried about getting my *** kicked for another decade than that scenario. Personal feeling aside, Watson is a star QB and 25(?). That’s something I wouldn’t want for my division foe to have in any capacity. I’d wish nothing but the best for Hurts. He’s been awesome while here so far. On field not withstanding. Drafted in a tough situation, has put in the tough work and seems like the perfect Philly athlete so far. But Watson playing at an MVP level couldn’t get the Texans into the playoffs. Houston is leaps away from being competitive again. Even with a good QB. 

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Im here to see a Hurts/Watson swap that ends with the Texans & Hurts in the playoffs with Watson & the Eagles tanking. It will be beautiful chaos. 

There is a lot of ways this can go, but getting Watson instantly makes the Eagles a playoff contender. There isn’t any doubt it makes the football team better, the doubt is what does it do to the fan base. 

Glad to see you think Hurts could be a playoff caliber QB though. 

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Getting Watson would make the team worse? I’d be more worried about getting my *** kicked for another decade than that scenario. Personal feeling aside, Watson is a star QB and 25(?). That’s something I wouldn’t want for my division foe to have in any capacity. I’d wish nothing but the best for Hurts. He’s been awesome while here so far. On field not withstanding. Drafted in a tough situation, has put in the tough work and seems like the perfect Philly athlete so far. But Watson playing at an MVP level couldn’t get the Texans into the playoffs. Houston is leaps away from being competitive again. Even with a good QB. 

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

There is a lot of ways this can go, but getting Watson instantly makes the Eagles a playoff contender. There isn’t any doubt it makes the football team better, the doubt is what does it do to the fan base. 

Glad to see you think Hurts could be a playoff caliber QB though. 

In my scenario, Watson is in jail. 

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

No, that cannot happen. Texans and playoffs need to be oxymorons. Because the Texans look like a team ran by morons on oxy.

15 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Watson isn't going to jail. These are almost all civil cases and there almost certainly won't be enough evidence to get him put behind bars in any cases that were actually prosecuted(if any ever are, I seriously doubt they will be). He hasn't been charged with anything and these allegations have been out there for months. There is a reason for that.

I am not saying he isn't guilty, or that he isn't a really bad guy. I am just saying him going to jail is extremely unlikely. A long suspension is the only way he is kept off the field.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

57 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Doubtful. Not that it isn’t warranted but doubtful he finds himself there. Whoever wants a settlement will get one and he’ll get a slap on the wrist if the state attorney wants to prosecute. The most of his “punishment” will be handed out by the NFL. Suspended, fines, missing checks, etc. He’ll play again. And probably well. But some team will have to sell their souls first and then spin it as a reclamation project. Pretend that it doesn’t have to do with winning at any cost and revenue. And the beat goes on in the NFL. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I think Watson would by far be the best QB in the division. Heck top in the conference. That said, I think the Texans would be in the better situation of the two teams. They would get a boatload of picks in addition to the ton they already have. They fire selling for the future and that means a ton on rookie deals, including their QB. The Eagles have a lot of aging holes to still fill and you would want to use quality high picks on that. But then again having your franchise QB cemented is always better.

I see both sides.