Around the NFL: Only Commies like Carson.

Kiltman

Just now, Kiltman said:

Ah ok, hadn't seen that they breathalyzed him.
Was picking up bits and pieces while working all day yesterday, last thing I read was he said he wasn't drunk and was dizzy from the crash.

"I'm not drunk, I'm just buzzed"

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Vikings fans said he played well last year... I have no idea how. This was Gannon's guy and that should say everything you need to know about Gannon.

against the pass. They said he sucked vs the run. turns out he just sucks.

3 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Vikings fans said he played well last year... I have no idea how. This was Gannon's guy and that should say everything you need to know about Gannon.

Hmm….

On 8/12/2021 at 6:48 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

What did Wilson do to impress? He came down on the RB and just whiffed. He wasn't in long, but I think Eagles fans are probably overrating the guy. We gotta hope he does work in coverage though.

On 8/12/2021 at 6:53 PM, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I think Wilson’s track record as a LB in the NFL can allow me to look past one bad snap in the preseason…. 

Im not overrating Wilson, but he is going to be one of our best LBs and he will start. Our LB group is still one of the worst in the league unless Edwards/Singleton/Taylor greatly improve this year. 

On 8/12/2021 at 6:58 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Again I don't think Wilson has ever been a good run defender in his NFL career. Graded out poorly last year by PFF and they value coverage more than run defense, so he must've been pretty bad in the latter.

On 8/12/2021 at 8:41 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

First play Eric Wilson gets blocked by a Steelers OL working their way to the 2nd level.

Third play Eric Wilson attacks downhill quickly, but tries to arm tackle the RB who breaks free easy.

Fifth play Eric Wilson thinks the run is heading outside and heads that way and gets blocked pretty quickly by Eric Ebron at the second level and pushed towards the sideline. Taken completely out of the play. Najee runs right up the middle for a big gain but luckily got called back by a hold.

Next play Wilson triggers downhill after a short catch to bring the receiver down for a small gain. First solid play I guess?

After that him and Singleton both fire down on a run, but looks like Wilson just fell off the tackle if he was in on it and Singleton held on to stop it for another small gain to force 3rd & long.

Not really a great first drive/impression for Wilson.

From the first preseason game. 🤔

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Hmm….

From the first preseason game. 🤔

You want a pat on the back or a cookie? I read things online and believed them. They were wrong.

You get an internet point today congrats.

Edit: what I said wasn't even that inaccurate btw. Our LB's are complete trash, I just thought Wilson would be less trash.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

You want a pat on the back or a cookie? I read things online and believed them. They were wrong.

You get an internet point today congrats.

Edit: what I said wasn't even that inaccurate btw. Our LB's are complete trash, I just thought Wilson would be less trash.

I’d rather put Shaun Bradley out there than him that’s all I know.

50 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

No matter what happens this season, just be happy you aren't a Texan fan.
That being said, F Howie for signing him in the first place.

Eagles fans thought it was a good signing at the time lol. But, the Wilson signing in a vacuum isn’t the issue. It’s the fact that we never really truly invest in the position and obviously we aren’t good at finding guys off the street or making later picks on LBs and developing them. I’m hoping we use our 2nd rounder on a LB cause day 2 is usually the appropriate place to take that position.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy