Around the NFL: Only Commies like Carson.

Kiltman

53 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

We done it. Season was a success. Officially. 

would have been ecstatic with 7 wins. to make playoffs is massive.

im still not super sold on this team for next season considering how ridiculously easy our schedule has been in the latter half but I'm very optimistic.

6 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

I love DeVonta, but JaMarr Chase is out of this world. 

He's going to be top 3 WR in the NFL by next year. 

I mean... yeah.

We all knew this. Howie knew this. That's why he traded down a picked up an extra first when he probably got wind of the Bengals wanting JaMarr Chase over Penei Sewell. Dolphins were fools.

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

We all knew this. Howie knew this. That's why he traded down a picked up an extra first when he probably got wind of the Bengals wanting JaMarr Chase over Penei Sewell. Dolphins were fools.

Let's not act like Miami drafted some bum WR - they got a really good one too. 

2 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Let's not act like Miami drafted some bum WR - they got a really good one too. 

Yeah but the difference between Jaylen Waddle and Devonta Smith is basically non-existent. They gave up a 1st round pick for ????

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Yeah but the difference between Jaylen Waddle and Devonta Smith is basically non-existent. They gave up a 1st round pick for ????

To ensure they got one of the top 4 weapons in the draft? I don't think it's as bad of a trade as some are making it out to be and while I love DeVonta I'd say Waddle is the 3rd best weapon taken last year and that's what Miami traded up for. I don't know if he broke the record yesterday but to be that close to breaking Boldin's catch record is pretty damn impressive - to me at least. 

1 minute ago, Scalamania said:

To ensure they got one of the top 4 weapons in the draft? I don't think it's as bad of a trade as some are making it out to be and while I love DeVonta I'd say Waddle is the 3rd best weapon taken last year and that's what Miami traded up for. I don't know if he broke the record yesterday but to be that close to breaking Boldin's catch record is pretty damn impressive - to me at least. 

He just has bulk stats. Catching under 10 yards per reception isn't impressive.

6 Drops on the year (4.5% drop rate)

Tua's Passer rating when targeting:
Waddle - 85.7
In general - 89.8

Hurts' Passer Rating when targeting:
Devonta - 101.9
In general - 87.2

Give me Devonta all day every day 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

He just has bulk stats. Catching under 10 yards per reception isn't impressive.

Averaging a first down per reception isn't impressive? Okay. 

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Tua's Passer rating when targeting:
Waddle - 85.7
In general - 89.8

Tua sucks in general, which is a problem for the entire Miami offense. 

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

Hurts' Passer Rating when targeting:
Devonta - 101.9
In general - 87.2

Thanks Reagor. 

Give me Devonta all day every day 

Don't get it mixed up - I'm not saying I'd change how the draft worked out for us. I'm just saying let's not act like the Dolphins traded up and drafted some bum, they got a good one too and I'm sure they don't regret their decision. 

3 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Averaging a first down per reception isn't impressive? Okay. 

Averaging just shy of 10 yards in the modern NFL is pretty sad honestly.

Tua sucks in general, which is a problem for the entire Miami offense. 

Yet he is just as efficient of a passer as Jalen Hurts this past season, with a worse offensive line and a non existent run game.

Don't get it mixed up - I'm not saying I'd change how the draft worked out for us. I'm just saying let's not act like the Dolphins traded up and drafted some bum, they got a good one too and I'm sure they don't regret their decision. 

You're missing the point. The fact that they traded up did nothing for them. To give up a first round pick in the top 20 to go from Devonta to Waddle clearly wasn't their gameplan. They thought Chase was going to make it to 6, and Howie, as much as he drives us nuts, knew better.

Averaging just shy of 10 yards in the modern NFL is pretty sad honestly.

with a worse offensive line and a non existent run game.

Maybe this is part of the problem?

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

Yet he is just as efficient of a passer as Jalen Hurts this past season

I don't think either of them are very good tbh.

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

You're missing the point. The fact that they traded up did nothing for them. To give up a first round pick in the top 20 to go from Devonta to Waddle clearly wasn't their gameplan. They thought Chase was going to make it to 6, and Howie, as much as he drives us nuts, knew better.

Fair point - I get it but I just don't think the pick turned out to be that bad. 

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

I don't think anyone's mocking the pick, just the decision to give up what they did to go up for a... sidegrade at best.

Miami was an awful decision in retrospect. Not a terrible option at the time. Miami was supposed to compete. 

1 hour ago, Daimonas said:

would have been ecstatic with 7 wins. to make playoffs is massive.

im still not super sold on this team for next season considering how ridiculously easy our schedule has been in the latter half but I'm very optimistic.

Yea, me neither. We’re about where most of us thought. Beat the bad teams, lost to the good ones. You can argue we should have beat the Giants but that’s about it. Our biggest “win” was a loss to the Bucs. The fact that we held close was in a sense, was a victory. But the schedule has everything to do with it. We honestly beat no one of value this year. If we win 1st round somehow, it’ll be the first playoff team we beat this year. Maybe 2 years lol. 

My biggest want out of this year was progression and to be able to say if Hurts was a starting caliber QB in the league. I’ve got some mixed results but, as it stands, is a success. Hurts has been playing well and looked to turn a corner after Minshew started. And can’t argue being in the playoffs. Even if it’s a 1st round exit. Draft picks and some cap money should really keep playoffs alive in the city for the foreseeable future. Should, anyway. 

2 hours ago, Danger said:

I mean... yeah.

I would've drafted Sewell. I think having a stronger OL (or at least someone to protect Burrows) will be more important in the long run. General consensus I have seen is that the Bengals OL is hot garbaaage and Burrows gets knocked around a lot because of it.