Around the NFL: Only Commies like Carson.

Kiltman

19 minutes ago, oland11 said:

I would've drafted Sewell. I think having a stronger OL (or at least someone to protect Burrows) will be more important in the long run. General consensus I have seen is that the Bengals OL is hot garbaaage and Burrows gets knocked around a lot because of it. 

Jonah Williams has played very well this season at LT, not sure about their RT however.

Burrow wanted Chase because of his familiarity with him being college teammates and how great he is. 

1 hour ago, oland11 said:

I would've drafted Sewell. I think having a stronger OL (or at least someone to protect Burrows) will be more important in the long run. General consensus I have seen is that the Bengals OL is hot garbaaage and Burrows gets knocked around a lot because of it. 

I would've drafted Chase. General consensus from probably 28 other teams is that their OL is hot garbage. Luckily the Bengals get multiple years to fix it, where as they only had 1 year to draft their QB's favorite weapon. 

I would draft Ja'Marr 10 times out of 10 over Sewell factoring in his history with my franchise QB. If Ja'Marr played at Ohio State, then maybe it's a different story, but I'd still probably prefer Chase even if he didn't play college ball with Burrow. His tape was the best NCAA WR tape I've seen since Larry Fitzgerald. And lately, it seems like these "can't miss" stud OT prospects frequently just end up being an average starter anyways. Sewell isn't even a top 2 OL from this class so far. Probably #3 after Creed and Slater. Chase is the clear cut best WR from this class. Bengals made the right pick.

Edited by Jeezla

Teams Josh Sweat has a sack against:

DAL .5
CAR 1
DET 2
NYJ 1.5
NYG 1
WFT 1.5
7.5 total
Another small step forward for Sweats development, but still needs to get more consistent, particularly against teams that aren't drafting in the top 10. The rate he's going, he might be a borderline pro bowler next year, but the OL's he goes against should be better next year as well. At the very least, he shows up for divisional games.

47 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Enjoy these at the end of the year, shows you a little more about how teams won.

figured we’d be high but not at the top.

If every one score game flipped

Yeah I posted this in NFL Gen. Should’ve posted here.

NFC is a cluster****. Bills at 15-1 is interesting.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah I posted this in NFL Gen. Should’ve posted here.

NFC is a cluster****. Bills at 15-1 is interesting.

It’s really the mark of a good team tho. That’s not just some dismissive stat. Good teams win those games, bad teams lose them. Everything considered an 8-8 team is only a handful of plays from a SB contender. I mean, you can watch a team week to week and kind of get a sense of whether they have it or not. Parity really makes it that competitive. I heard a former player say it only really comes down to 5 games or so on your schedule to make a season a success. Split the division games, a couple easy wins, a couple expected losses or schedule blunders that put you at a disadvantage and then 4-5 games that separate the rest of the schedule. And that even can boil down to health or just advantageous bounces of the football. It’s “easy” to turn around a football team with some talent that doesn’t have decent direction. In my opinion anyway. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Not saying Rasul would of been as good this year in Gannon's system but Hot Damn what could of been?

Always pissed me off when a player got in Jim's doghouse, they rarely got out! 🖕 Schwartz!

That’s the head scratching thing about it. He did well when he was in. I get you don’t want to reward a guy if you don’t think he’s practicing well or doing a lot of film work. But when he was in, he was making plays. At least Howie should have seen that. How he made his way out is irresponsible of the FO. Sydney even had splashes of success since leaving and has been a starter in the Seattle defense. Not saying they are all pros but definitely could be contributing here. 

From what I read the thing was, catering the defense to Rasul's playstyle and strengths would have affected on Malcolm Jenkins role. Which was obviously more important, but then again we let Malcolm go anyway 🤷‍♂️ which ended up being a mistake given our safety play the last two seasons. 

47 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

At least Howie should have seen that. How he made his way out is irresponsible of the FO.

Howie was still trying to keep this coaching staff intact IMO.  Hence getting rid of players Schwartz didn't want or refused to even incorporate. 

We unfortunately had to wait a year to long before they left. Would of loved seeing what both Rasul and Sidney did with a different Eagles DC?

Edited by Nabbs4u