Around the NFL: Only Commies like Carson.

Kiltman

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

That’s the head scratching thing about it. He did well when he was in. I get you don’t want to reward a guy if you don’t think he’s practicing well or doing a lot of film work. But when he was in, he was making plays. At least Howie should have seen that. How he made his way out is irresponsible of the FO. Sydney even had splashes of success since leaving and has been a starter in the Seattle defense. Not saying they are all pros but definitely could be contributing here. 

The problem is Rasul was useless in Jim's scheme which was entirely based off corners winning every rep 1v1 with no help. Rasul is an instinct guy with limited athleticism who will obviously struggle with guys who can just run past him if he gets no help. This is why he was so up or down for us, either getting INTs and huge plays in the red zone or getting absolutely burnt downfield for long bombs. Put him in a zone scheme/give him regular safety help and he can make big plays and get INTs. He is really just a similar corner to Trevon Diggs, but a worse athlete. Why we drafted him to play in Gym Shorts defense I have no idea though....

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

20 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

What's everybody's thoughts on potentially making a move for Calvin Ridley?

Thought he quit football? 1st why would we want a player who quits and 2, he's gotta be under the Falcons control no?

If you're talking about trading for, Hell No! He quit for reasons. Why would that change as a Eagle in the future?

7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Thought he quit football? 1st why would we want a player who quits and 2, he's gotta be under the Falcons control no?

If you're talking about trading for, Hell No! He quit for reasons. Why would that change as a Eagle in the future?

He didn't quit, he had/has some mental health things going on similar to Lane and Brooks. He'd have 1 year left on his deal, the 5th year option for $11M from what I've read. I think it'd be something worth looking into for a day 2 pick. He's 27 I believe.

5 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

He didn't quit, he had/has some mental health things going on similar to Lane and Brooks. He'd have 1 year left on his deal, the 5th year option for $11M from what I've read. I think it'd be something worth looking into for a day 2 pick. He's 27 I believe.

I would trade for him maybe but it wouldn't be a lot.
Wonder if he has any connection to Devonta, could be a grounding force if they did know each other as Bama alums.

7 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I would trade for him maybe but it wouldn't be a lot.
Wonder if he has any connection to Devonta, could be a grounding force if they did know each other as Bama alums.

From the couple articles I read they said that he did have some connections to Smith and Hurts, and mentioned that those relationships could make for a safe space of sorts. I wonder if there could be some clause in the trade that could protect us from him walking out on us?

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

From the couple articles I read they said that he did have some connections to Smith and Hurts, and mentioned that those relationships could make for a safe space of sorts. I wonder if there could be some clause in the trade that could protect us from him walking out on us?

If he’s done in Atlanta, can do a conditional 2023 pick

15 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'd send them a 2nd if they sent back a 4th. Anything more than that is too risky for a mentally unstable WR. I trust a WR getting through his issues much less than an OL like Lane/Brooks.

I'd also probably be more on board if we had a QB that could actually justify the contract Ridley will eventually get, but what do you guys honestly think Ridley would do, fully healthy, with Hurts as his QB? I think he'd just put up pre-Chip kelly Maclin #s. 800-900 yards. If Ridley does want to come back and completely neuter his potential stats, Philly is as good a place as any for him to go.

Edited by Jeezla

17 minutes ago, Danger said:

Fangio gone.

Gannon will be here next year, but for laughs if we were to try a 3-4 again, what would that look like for us in this day and age?

Hargrave at nose, Williams and Fletch at ends. Maybe you take that giant kid from Georgia to just clog the middle.

Avery, Sweat, BG at OLB, they’d have to draft a guy. Ojabo or someone like that that could stand up too.

Edwards, Singleton as the two ILBs, maybe draft a guy.

Secondary stays similar you just invest in some safeties.

Im curious if Zimmer comes in as a Senior Advisor given his relationship with some of the defensive staff.

On 1/6/2022 at 5:30 PM, EagleBlueDon said:

No thanks. 

I have depression, so I understand how mental health is hard, but what’s stopping Ridley from stepping away from the game here like he did in Atlanta?

We’ve had players with anxiety/depression who I’m proud of for putting themselves out there like Brandon Brooks and Lane Johnson. We’ve seen both of them not play cause of it.

I also think Ridley was being really overrated after last year too. He’s a good receiver, but not really the type I want.

I wouldn’t part with more than a conditional second or third rounder.