Around the NFL: Only Commies like Carson.

Kiltman

3 hours ago, RBreezy said:

Peters has to be broke or something. Guy won't retire. 

No idea the numbers but can you tell me where else you can cash in on a guaranteed 2-$3M lottery ticket? Peters has his SB and most likely HOF already career locked in. Now it's about maximizing as much money as humanly possible which TBH if Organizations are still stupid enough to pay for 5-6gms, good for him!

I'm just glad Howie finally moved on from Jason's gravy train. Get that 💰 JP. 

10 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

No idea the numbers but can you tell me where else you can cash in on a guaranteed 2-$3M lottery ticket? Peters has his SB and most likely HOF already career locked in. Now it's about maximizing as much money as humanly possible which TBH if Organizations are still stupid enough to pay for 5-6gms, good for him!

I'm just glad Howie finally moved on from Jason's gravy train. Get that 💰 JP. 

The dude is making peanuts compared to what he used to make. It can't feel good at all. He either really wants to play football still or he burnt all his cash in some not very good ways and needs to make enough now to coast him through the rest of his life.

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The dude is making peanuts compared to what he used to make. It can't feel good at all. He either really wants to play football still or he burnt all his cash in some not very good ways and needs to make enough now to coast him through the rest of his life.

Peanuts is still several Millions of dollars, instead of Zero income. He's not going into broadcasting, hasn't chosen or been given a coaching job yet so why not collect the money? Seriously?

The only other singular reason I can see him continuing his career is to say or be able to say , I played in the NFL into my 40's. That might actually be a goal of his that not many OL not in the HOF can say. In other words checking of another box!

On 8/15/2021 at 10:51 PM, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Could be struggling to walkaway. Often thats a huge factor in vets - its hard to stop doing something theyve done every day for ~30 years. 

10 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

….annnnd an extra $3M properly invested is about $120,000 a year for the rest of his life. He literally could have blown all his money, signed this contract and still have a $10,000 a month for life. Sheesh. 

You think he's passing away at ~64?

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

You think he's passing away at ~64?

Look, without coming off like a prick; when I was a younger man, I knew nothing about personal finance. And I mean this with love and respect, you HAVE to look into your finances and plan for the future. Educate yourself. When people get asked, what they would do if they won the lottery. And really without knowing what it means reply, “quit my job and live off the interest”. You must learn what that means. Formulate a plan NOW and progress towards financial freedom. I know this sounds like an info-mercial but I implore you or anyone reading this, take a week, grab a personal finance book and read it. Or PM me if you want. If I knew what I know now 20 years ago, I’d be retired and on a beach somewhere. Well, that’s ambitious but I’d be damn close. And it’s attainable for just about anyone. Sorry for the soap box, I’m looking to possibly switch careers into personal finance hopefully in some years when I get older. But it’s nothing the common person can’t learn. 

• Like 1