NBA Summer League Thread

NYRaider

1 hour ago, Supersuavesky said:

Why even show up? Ya'll know the Hornets got this.

Obviously LaMelo won't play unfortunately, but LiAngelo will reportedly be playing. Bouknight, Kai, and Thor will be fun. I think you guys got a steal in Scottie Lewis as well. Probably needs a couple years in the G-League but dude is super athletic and had his flashes at Florida. Great, great moves on draft night by the Hornets. 

Green is going to put up 25-30pts a game in the summer league - he'll be ridiculous.  Sengun might as well.  I think he's going to develop a really effective perimeter offensive game, wonder if he can showcase a nice shooting range this summer?...    Lot of Hornets fanbase was interested in Sengun and with our need at center I'll be watching him closely next few years

Bouknight is going to go off for the Hornets this summer (man does NOT lack confidence) as will the grizzled vets Vernon Carey and Nick Richards.    Really interested to see if the big men can consistently hit from deep - think it will be a big emphasis for them over the summer.  I don't think Kai or Thor are going to put up big numbers - they are years off from being contributors but they'll both have some highlight moments that are going to make me wish it was 2023 already.   Can either physically defend or show any defensive awareness right now?   I haven't looked at summer league schedule - not sure if Hornets would matchup with Rockets team but I'd love to see how Vernon Carey matches up under the basket vs Sengun and how Sengun matches up vs an athletic big like Kai on the perimeter (even better if he's forced to switch onto Bouknight).    I've never really paid much attention to summer league or G-league play in any previous season, casual review of box scores, stats -- I'm already buying a supply of popcorn this season....so excited

18 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Obviously LaMelo won't play unfortunately, but LiAngelo will reportedly be playing. Bouknight, Kai, and Thor will be fun. I think you guys got a steal in Scottie Lewis as well. Probably needs a couple years in the G-League but dude is super athletic and had his flashes at Florida. Great, great moves on draft night by the Hornets. 

Not just them. Riller and Richards. And Vernon Carrey dominated in the G-league. 

Our summer league squad is gonna be stacked.