NBA Summer League Thread

NYRaider

Just now, NYRaider said:

Either way at the time of the draft in terms of what they were viewed like as prospects, Cade > Luka. Cade was the consensus #1 guy on everyone's board and went #1. Dating back to last summer everyone had Cade slotted #1. 

Never said they didn't my guy. Just stop lol.

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Hornets took the right approach to the draft swinging on guys with high upside that pair well with LaMelo. Kai/Thor are both raw but have high ceilings and Bouknight will be able to play in a 6th man type of role as a rookie then provide a cheap replacement for Rozier in year 2. Scottie Lewis is super raw but another guy with elite athleticism. 

Honestly, IIRC the Hornets have been criticized for taking proven, older college players without a ton of upside early in the draft for years. Interesting to see a complete shift over the last two years. 

Last four. Bridges was another high upside guy and Washington was a second year player coming off a major jump in production. 

The difference is the GM. Rich Cho was one of the worst ever.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Cade as a prospect > Luka as a prospect 

Maybe as seen by the mainstream media, sure, but I never thought that which is all that matters and I know there were a lot of smaller draftniks that had their questions about Cade and wouldn't have ranked him over Luka even if they were in the same class without hindsight.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Maybe as seen by the mainstream media, sure, but I never thought that which is all that matters and I know there were a lot of smaller draftniks that had their questions about Cade and wouldn't have ranked him over Luka even if they were in the same class without hindsight.

Like I said Cade's draft stock benefited from Luka's success just like Ayton's draft stock benefited from Embiid's success. 

• Like 2