NBA Summer League Thread

NYRaider

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Hard to even be excited for our team, we have no one. Won't even let Jared Butler play until he gets his contract situation figured out sadly. Forrest - Hughes - Udoka going to have to carry us.

Ah. I thought the Jared Butler stuff would be resolved by Vegas. That's a shame.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Ah. I thought the Jared Butler stuff would be resolved by Vegas. That's a shame.

Should've stayed at #30.

I think, essentially, that Butler’s contract situation is also playing a role. Second round picks like Butler do not have a salary slot like first round picks, so the negotiations are much more difficult. Because the Jazz don’t have any exceptions left under the cap, the Jazz’s and Butler’s choices are simple:

• Agree to a two-way contract — unlikely, as Butler is better than this and would probably like more money.

• Agree to a 1-year minimum contract.

• Agree to a 2-year minimum contract.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Must be a James Bond fan...

In Ian Fleming's James Bond novels and the derived films, the 00 Section of MI6 is considered the secret service's elite. A 00 (typically read "Double O" and denoted in Fleming's novels by the letters "OO" rather than the digits "00") is a field agent that holds a licence to kill in the field, at their discretion, to complete any mission.

Quick... photoshop Kuminga in a tuxedo with a Beretta!