NBA Summer League Thread

NYRaider

1 minute ago, Kirill said:

Josh Giddy is out for the summer league. He twisted his ankle so he can’t play but our little Timothee Chalamet is still posting tik toks.

I bet OKC could’ve traded 6, 18 and two future picks for pick 5.

we should have Suggs and Sengun right now if our general manager was a man and not a failed tanker we would. We went dark on trade talks days before the draft because our GM wouldn’t give up a few picks to get pick 5 when we were one loss away from a top 4 pick and Suggs guaranteed.

we basically just need to fire the GM right now and then start trying to win ball games and quit screwing around with this tanking crap.

2 days ago you said he didnt want Sengun.

Whew!

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

2 days ago you said he didnt want Sengun.

Whew!

Right I wanted Kai Jones but that’s not the point. We got two heavily protected future picks instead and at 18 we got Tre Mann who really needs to change his name because he looks like a little boy and Josh Giddy was without question the worst pick of the draft. 

But I still think it won’t be easy for our team to tank because we got a talented young coach and a talented player in Shai just entering his prime and now has to earn his max contract.  Naturally these guys, Dort and the wrecking crew seem like they will do better than a bottom 4 team but I bet Sam Presti does something screwy to make sure they tank correct this time around. I just want the ownership to fire this dude so bad. If we don’t we’re just going to lose Shai to free agency after his deal is up anyways.

Suggs Shai Dort Bazley favors would’ve been a way better team to build off of. The defence would be nasty and you still cap room to sign a few snipers. MI bet they could’ve easily gotten that 5th pick if their GM didn’t have his head all the way up His own *** and be unwilling to admit the failure he had of even tanking properly this past season by doing such a deal that shouldn’t need to be done in the first place. 

my thing is these picks aren’t worth anything. There all heavily protected minus LAC who won’t be a bad team with Kawhi and pg13 

14 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, 5-17 shooting isn't very good.

Kuminga flashes but for every 8/14 game he has he'll probably have 2 5/15 games. Going to take him a while to figure it out but his upside is definitely there. Just doesn't really fit that well into the Warriors current time line.

34 minutes ago, Kirill said:

But I still think it won’t be easy for our team to tank because we got a talented young coach and a talented player in Shai just entering his prime and now has to earn his max contract.  Naturally these guys, Dort and the wrecking crew seem like they will do better than a bottom 4 team but I bet Sam Presti does something screwy to make sure they tank correct this time around. I just want the ownership to fire this dude so bad. If we don’t we’re just going to lose Shai to free agency after his deal is up anyways.

I'd assume your starting 5 will be: 

PG: SGA

SG: Lu Dort

SF: Darius Bazley 

PF: Aleksej Pokusevski 

C: Derrick Favors 

That team won't win very many games and if SGA wants out he'll just force his way out like we've seen numerous other young star players do. 

42 minutes ago, Kirill said:

my thing is these picks aren’t worth anything. There all heavily protected minus LAC who won’t be a bad team with Kawhi and pg13 

Kawhi will be out all season so you'll have your own pick, the Clippers pick, and likely the Suns pick. Gotta hope the Suns take a step back but are still good enough to make the playoffs and the Clippers are the 6th-8th seed. 

On 8/11/2021 at 10:52 PM, CWood21 said:

I mean, 5-17 shooting isn't very good.

Well no one is saying he is complete, but he flashes' when he is out there and that's what you want to see. His shooting has always been a must work on, but his ability to get to the rim and get to the FT line is whats important because that is how he will have success early on in the NBA his shooting will get added on after that.