NBA Summer League Thread

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Not too worried about his defense to be honest. He reminds me a bit of Avery Bradley when he was a Celtic in terms of defensive pressure. Consistency will be the real crux of it IMO. 

Being able to play him alongside Smart, Brown, and Tatum should help him defensively as well. Ideally Hoford still has a little left in the tank and time lord can take a leap this year. 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Being able to play him alongside Smart, Brown, and Tatum should help him defensively as well. Ideally Hoford still has a little left in the tank and time lord can take a leap this year. 

Ideally Horford is forced to be the first big off the bench. Time Lord can be legit above average to even a great big but he strikes me as the type of guy perpetually on the  brink of breaking out. 

5 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Ideally Horford is forced to be the first big off the bench. Time Lord can be legit above average to even a great big but he strikes me as the type of guy perpetually on the  brink of breaking out. 

Time Lord is another guy that should have a more defined role this season with Tristian Thompson no longer on the team. He produced at a super high rate last season, he just didn't get a ton of minutes. Biggest thing for him will be defending without fouling but Per36 last year he averaged 15 points, 13 rebounds, 3 blocks on 72% FG. I think Nesmith, Pritchard, and Time Lord could all make a leap this year. I'm not personally a huge fan of Romeo Langford though.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Time Lord is another guy that should have a more defined role this season with Tristian Thompson no longer on the team. He produced at a super high rate last season, he just didn't get a ton of minutes. Biggest thing for him will be defending without fouling but Per36 last year he averaged 15 points, 13 rebounds, 3 blocks on 72% FG. I think Nesmith, Pritchard, and Time Lord could all make a leap this year. I'm not personally a huge fan of Romeo Langford though.

Rob has to stay healthy to. He's one of those too big for his own good types of guys. Wish he would spend some time in TB12 clinic and get some pliability lol

As for Romeo, he isnt thought of very highly by any Celtic fan. Idk if people remember him, but he is Marquis Daniels. A slasher with skill enough to sometimes show more. 

29 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

As for Romeo, he isnt thought of very highly by any Celtic fan. Idk if people remember him, but he is Marquis Daniels. A slasher with skill enough to sometimes show more. 

As a draft prospect he reminded me a lot fo Gary Trent Jr when he was coming out of Duke. Just doesn't really have the burst to consistently beat guys off the dribble and isn't a very good shooter. 

So the Hornets have done their upmost best to disappoint their fans in SL.

But at least it's been fun. All four draft picks are what they were expected to be, Kulbolka is a sniper, and LiAngelo has been surprisingly solid in all four games. Not to mention Carrey, our likely back up C, has looked better and better.

I'm happy overall.

• Like 2

On 8/17/2021 at 8:02 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Kings fans saying replace Luke Walton with the SL coach lmao... probably would be an upgrade

The Celtics said Payton Pritchard was done in the SL, seen him drop 92 in the Pro Am, brought him back for the championship game and Davion Mitchell said GET THE STRAP.