2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

Never too early boys.

Top 3 prospects heading into the college season include: Chet Holmgren (Gonzaga), Paolo Banchero (Duke), Jaden Hardy (G-League). 

Emoni Bates would instantly become the best prospect in the class if he reclassifies. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/2022-nba-mock-draft-1-chet-holmgren-early-favorite-for-no-1-153600806.html

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2021/7/30/22578638/nba-mock-draft-2022-chet-holmgren-paolo-banchero-jaden-hardy

https://theathletic.com/2727138/2021/07/30/2022-nba-mock-draft-paolo-banchero-chet-holmgren-lead-class-thats-still-seeking-visibility/

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

Looks like its a perfect draft for teams looking for front court help.  Thats one reason Im glad the Rockets took Green over Mobley. If we get a top 4-5 pick we could get a stud big man to go with Green. 

With Duren likely reclassifying I think that he, Paolo Banchero, and Chet Holmgren will all be in the running to be the #1 pick. Apparently even if Bates reclassifies he's too young to declare for the draft although he may still find a way.

Paolo is my personal favorite, reminds me of a young Chris Webber. Chet reminds me of a young KP (pre injury), and Duren reminds me of a young Dwight Howard.. 

1 minute ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Chet looks like he has pretty good movement skills for that height, but I bet Shaq would look like KD against HS kids too. Does he have the agility to defend perimeter?

Yeah, I think that's why people are so excited about him. He's a good rim protector but also has the quickness and lateral movement to switch onto smaller players. He's basically what KP could've been before the injuries. 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah, I think that's why people are so excited about him. He's a good rim protector but also has the quickness and lateral movement to switch onto smaller players. He's basically what KP could've been before the injuries. 

Question is whether a 7'3 guy can move side-to-side without tearing his ACL like KP. Also while KP was pretty explosive, I don't recall him being too agile pre-injury.

When is Wenbayama eligible? Are he, Bailey, and Bates slated for the same draft class?

Edited by redsoxsuck05

20 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Memphis has 3 1sts. Please, someone, give us a SG or SF that can create their own shot. I don't wanna draft anymore young players. Gimme a veteran.

You have Ziaire Williams my son, the young Cam Reddish.

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

So there's an issue with that draft. Whoever that is has Adrian Griffin Jr going top 4 and then AJ Griffin going 18th. They are the same player lol. Also, Walker Kessler is at Auburn.

Just terrible research by whoever the hell that is lol. Just shows that, just because you're on a site, doesn't mean you're legit.

Edited by beekay414

19 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Question is whether a 7'3 guy can move side-to-side without tearing his ACL like KP. Also while KP was pretty explosive, I don't recall him being too agile pre-injury.

When is Wenbayama eligible? Are he, Bailey, and Bates slated for the same draft class?

That's one concern with him, he's pretty frail so I think there's always going to be some worries about his long-term durability. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PP1qu1JRC4

If you watch that video he looks pretty similar to what Chet currently looks like. Porzingis was pretty agile pre-injury but hasn't been the same since which is why he gets cooked defensively. 

Wenbayama is eligible in 2023 and so are Bailey and Bates. Although Bates is apparently trying to reclassify but I've read he wouldn't be eligible until 2023 because of the age restriction, but who knows, he may still be in the 2022 class.

Speaking of Wenbayama he just gave Chet work at the U19 tournament despite being 2 years younger than him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

So there's an issue with that draft. Whoever that is has Adrian Griffin Jr going top 4 and then AJ Griffin going 18th.

4) Cleveland Cavaliers – Adrian Griffin Jr. – SF, Duke

Two Duke players could be selected in the top five of next year’s draft. Griffin is an athletic forward with a strong frame. He has a nice shooting stroke and would be entering into the draft at just 18 years old.

18) Boston Celtics – AJ Griffin – SF, Duke

Griffin has good length and athleticism. He is also a solid defender and rebounder. If Griffin can improve his shooting consistency, he could become a lottery pick next year, but he falls out of it in this mock draft.

Player so nice he got drafted twice, I love the discrepancy between the two scouting reports. In one he has a nice shooting stroke and is a top 4 player. In the other he needs to improve as a shooter or he's not a first round pick. Good job to that dude.

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1