2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah lol. Cavs wasn’t too long ago.

Only other time before that it’s happened was Magic 92/93 - O’Neal and Webber (who they traded for Penny and first rounders).

rockets in 83 and 84 too.

i forgot the cavs took wiggins and bennett back to back. thats why i asked. 

2 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

i forgot the cavs took wiggins and bennett back to back. thats why i asked.

You good bro.

2 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

rockets in 83 and 84 too.

Impossible. The lottery started in 85.

Before that they used to do a coin flip to determine. The 84 draft was the last one to be determined that way when Houston beat Portland (had Indy’s pick) on the coin toss to draft Hakeem Olajuwon. Portland then drafted Sam Bowie in between Hakeem and someone named Michael Jordan lol.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

You good bro.

Impossible. The lottery started in 85.

Before that they used to do a coin flip to determine. The 84 draft was the last one to be determined that way when Houston beat Portland (had Indy’s pick) on the coin toss to draft Hakeem Olajuwon. Portland then drafted Sam Bowie in between Hakeem and someone named Michael Jordan lol.

Yeah I forgot 85 was the first lottery lol 

still though its rare that a team gets back to back 1st overall picks.  

Edited by Texansfan713
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm excited to see what Jean Montero does with the OT Elite.

I'm intrigued to see how the OT Elite league functions this year. Jean looks like a good prospect as well although both he and Chandler are both pretty small guards.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm intrigued to see how the OT Elite league functions this year. Jean looks like a good prospect as well although both he and Chandler are both pretty small guards.

All the main PG prospects in this class are relatively small guards. Dyson Daniels and Jaden Hardy are really the only potential combo/lead guards that aren't smaller. Of the more "pure" (for lack of a better word) PGs, TyTy Washington is the biggest at 6'3" 185. That's...uh...not great.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

All the main PG prospects in this class are relatively small guards. Dyson Daniels and Jaden Hardy are really the only potential combo/lead guards that aren't smaller. Of the more "pure" (for lack of a better word) PGs, TyTy Washington is the biggest at 6'3" 185. That's...uh...not great.

Yeah this is one of the weaker classes in recent memory for lead guards but it's stacked with bigs and bigger wings. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Yeah this is one of the weaker classes in recent memory for lead guards but it's stacked with bigs and bigger wings. 

It's why I'd expect Dyson Daniels to rise throughout the process. He's 6'6" and has legit lead ballhandler ability. He's flawed but, ****, so are all the lead guards this year.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

It's why I'd expect Dyson Daniels to rise throughout the process. He's 6'6" and has legit lead ballhandler ability. He's flawed but, ****, so are all the lead guards this year.

I don't watch much Big 10 basketball, thoughts on Jaden Ivey?