2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

Did Chet put on any weight since joining program? Doesn’t look like it. Bit concerning, he’s been in that 190-200 range for 3 years now I think? You knew he wasn’t gonna fill out like an AD did but you would still like to see him add a good 25 lbs. 

No way he can play at the 5 at his size, even though that’s where he’d be most dangerous and effective. At this rate I see him as a similar prospect to Kristaps. Insane length, good not great athleticism but impressive for size, very skilled for 7 ft. Probably doesn’t have the shot Kristaps had as prospect (TBD), but light years ahead of him defensively. He could be what Kristaps was supposed to be.

Obviously still very early, we’ve seen 3 games, only 1 against good competition. Few is still figuring out how to use him while he’s figuring out how to best utilize his tools to score. Vs Texas he was pretty much just spotting up and crashing for putbacks while Timme feasted. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Did Chet put on any weight since joining program? Doesn’t look like it. Bit concerning, he’s been in that 190-200 range for 3 years now I think? You knew he wasn’t gonna fill out like an AD did but you would still like to see him add a good 25 lbs. 

No way he can play at the 5 at his size, even though that’s where he’d be most dangerous and effective. At this rate I see him as a similar prospect to Kristaps. Insane length, good not great athleticism but impressive for size, very skilled for 7 ft. Probably doesn’t have the shot Kristaps had as prospect (TBD), but light years ahead of him defensively. He could be what Kristaps was supposed to be.

Obviously still very early, we’ve seen 3 games, only 1 against good competition. Few is still figuring out how to use him while he’s figuring out how to best utilize his tools to score. Vs Texas he was pretty much just spotting up and crashing for putbacks while Timme feasted. 

IIRC Kristapas was developing into a good defender before he got injured. I think that's as close of a comparison as you're going to get. Chet is a better ball handler/playmaker and better defensively but KP was a better shooter coming into the league. The one thing that worries me about Chet long-term though is his frame and the potential injury concerns. One of the best prospects in the class but if Emoni is eligible I'm probably taking Paolo, Emoni, and Duren over Chet.

Obviously a very small sample size but I think this draft class will be good, especially at the top. 

Some of the guys I've been impressed by:

• Paolo Banchero | FC | Duke - NBA Comp: Chris Webber

• Jalen Duren | FC | Memphis - NBA Comp: Amare Stoudemire / Dwight Howard

• Chet Holmgren | FC | Gonzaga - NBA Comp: Kristapas Porzingis / Marcus Camby

• Kennedy Chandler | PG | Tennessee - NBA Comp: Mike Conley

• AJ Griffin | GF | Duke - NBA Comp: Jimmy Butler

• Jabari Smith | F | Auburn - NBA Comp: Jaren Jackson | Pascal Siakam