2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

Just now, Fureys49ers said:

Don’t you dare quote my Keon Ellis message and then dismiss when factoring in the Kangs night haha. Gotta take the smallest of victories when you can with this team. 

I think Collins is still a possibility for you but the news about Durant/Kyrie and rumblings that Beal might force his way out changed a lot of things.

Just now, NYRaider said:

I think Collins is still a possibility for you but the news about Durant/Kyrie and rumblings that Beal might force his way out changed a lot of things.

At this point find out what we have in Murray and even Ellis. See if Fox and Mitchell can take that next step. See if DDV can stay healthy for once. No point in selling the future to be mid. Move Barnes and Holmes at the deadline and hopefully some good shakes out of this cluster that we can build with. Unless Collins is coming over on the cheap cheap but even then Kings still don’t have a worthwhile 2 or 3 unless Murray surprises at the 3 spot. 2 is still a joke though and Mitchell and Fox running together ain’t it. 

1 minute ago, Fureys49ers said:

At this point find out what we have in Murray and even Ellis. See if Fox and Mitchell can take that next step. See if DDV can stay healthy for once. No point in selling the future to be mid. Move Barnes and Holmes at the deadline and hopefully some good shakes out of this cluster that we can build with. Unless Collins is coming over on the cheap cheap but even then Kings still don’t have a worthwhile 2 or 3 unless Murray surprises at the 3 spot. 2 is still a joke though and Mitchell and Fox running together ain’t it. 

Apparently you made the Kings an offer on Collins but they didn't accept it. If you guys start the year slow I wouldn't be shocked if you move Fox.

1 minute ago, Fureys49ers said:

Haha they had different energy pre-draft. Mike Brown loves Fox so unless Fox just doesn’t improve at all I’m not sure he’s moved. This feels like the prep year before going all in next year.

I think it was smart for you guys not to make any crazy win now moves.

13 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

Refer to my earlier post.*

* Though unless he's G-League'd, I don't think he'll be with the Lakers long, TBH.

He'll be on the roster.  He's a minimum salary player, which means he doesn't hurt the Lakers financially.

I'm actually okay with the Hornets draft. I was confused as hell at first but now I've thought it over I'm okay with it.

We didn't have a first in 2023 but do now. And we gave up one of the 2nds to help grab McGowens. The team spoke about wanting more vets and less young guys to counter balance it. I'd imagine those picks would help to free up some cap space. Or MJ might just bite the bullet and pay Miles without moving anyone (Which should be the choice).

Either way Williams and Bryce are good fits.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Supersuavesky said:

I'm actually okay with the Hornets draft. I was confused as hell at first but now I've thought it over I'm okay with it.

We didn't have a first in 2023 but do now. And we gave up one of the 2nds to help grab McGowens. The team spoke about wanting more vets and less young guys to counter balance it. I'd imagine those picks would help to free up some cap space. Or MJ might just bite the bullet and pay Miles without moving anyone (Which should be the choice).

Either way Williams and Bryce are good fits.

Mark Williams is going to be a monster.

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think it was smart for you guys not to make any crazy win now moves.

At the end of the day I agree, in fact I said we shouldn’t when I started talking in NBA topics. With all the rumors it’s difficult to not get caught up in it. Hearing Collins and Duarte possibilities get the blood going. Having the Kings pass on yet another star potential player for a better fit/sure thing is frustrating as well. This is going on two decades of rinse, wash, repeat. I do like Murray and Ellis though, need the guys already on the Kings to start stepping up.