2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think you'll regret passing on Griffin way more then Liddell, the 2nd round is a crap shoot. Agbaji at least projects as a rotational player from day one though.

That’s why I’m saying we botched the draft lol missed at both spots! 

no way unless we know for sure Bron is coming back that you pass on AJ. If Bron comes back ok I get it have a guy that’s day 1 ready 

but we ain’t going to the finals next year most likely. You need to pick AJ at that spot or at least come back with Liddell. Cavs Twitter pissed go check. Who knows but it doesn’t look good 

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

That’s why I’m saying we botched the draft lol missed at both spots! 

no way unless we know for sure Bron is coming back that you pass on AJ. If Bron comes back ok I get it have a guy that’s day 1 ready 

but we ain’t going to the finals next year most likely. You need to pick AJ at that spot or at least come back with Liddell. Cavs Twitter pissed go check. Who knows but it doesn’t look good 

Griffin is 3.5 years younger than Agbaji and provides the same skillset with way more upside. LeGM probably wanted Agbaji though. 

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'd say the biggest winner tonight was the Pistons. They got arguably the best player in the draft with Ivey at #5 and Duren projects to be a stud as well. 

Not only did they get 2 big time players with enormous upside they got them both at great value.  Huge boost to the overall speed and athleticism of the team as well , which was a bit of an issue. Duren is still only 18 years old and should have been a high school senior this past year. They will need to start collecting as many 3&D’s as possible over next year or 2 but I love this foundation now.  Its a completely different team, completely different players but I kind of feel like we got our own version of Tatum/Brown/TimeLord potentially now. 

Still got a boat load of cap space to use be very interesting to see where they go with that and how much they hold. I’m not sure there’s anyone worth signing at this point. Personally I still wouldn’t be opposed to taking on another dump contract or 2 with some future assets attached. With the right signing there is opportunity to start winning right away but this teams still extremely young and top concern is the long term

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Not only did they get 2 big time players with enormous upside they got them both at great value.  Huge boost to the overall speed and athleticism of the team as well , which was a bit of an issue. Duren is still only 18 years old and should have been a high school senior this past year. They will need to start collecting as many 3&D’s as possible over next year or 2 but I love this foundation now.  Its a completely different team, completely different players but I kind of feel like we got our own version of Tatum/Brown/TimeLord potentially now. 

Still got a boat load of cap space to use be very interesting to see where they go with that and how much they hold. I’m not sure there’s anyone worth signing at this point. Personally I still wouldn’t be opposed to taking on another dump contract or 2 with some future assets attached. With the right signing there is opportunity to start winning right away but this teams still extremely young and top concern is the long term

Yeah I like Duren a lot I think his ceiling is a Bam type of player and his floor is Robert Williams, dude is going to be a monster. And I agree that Ivey/Duren bring an elite level of athleticism that your team lacked and will really allow you guys to get up and down the court. 

If you could somehow steal Bridges away from the Hornets I'd love your young core. 

Ivey - Cade - Bey - Bridges - Duren 

• Like 1

Winners

Rockets-  The homer in me says the Rockets had the best draft.  Got a player who many people had going 1, at pick 3.  Tari Eason was nice value at 17.  Fills a huge need for the Rockets, then traded back and got 2 extra 2nd rounders while getting TyTy Washington at 29 is a steal. 

Pistons-  Getting Ivey at 5 is a bigger steal than the Rockets getting Jabari at 3.  Ivey and Cade backcourt is going to be a force to reckoned with in the future.  They turn around and didn't give up alot to get Jalen Duren.  If he pans out the Pistons are going to be scary good for years.

Mavs-  I dont know how in the world Jaden Hardy lasted to round 2. Mavs basically got him for free.

Spurs-  I am high on Sochan and thought he was a perfect fit for the Spurs.  Malaki Branham should have went in the lottery and the Spurs got him at 20.  Not a huge Blake Wesley fan but at pick 25 he is very good value. 

Losers

Kings-  Taking Murray at 4 was the wrong move IMO.  If they really wanted Murray they should have tried to make a trade with the Pistons or Pacers to move back and take him. 

Knicks- Personally I would have stayed put and taken a chance at Jalen Duren or even AJ Griffin.  Knicks could use both players. That 2025 Bucks pick they received will probably be in the 20's and those picks they got from OKC will have a slim chance to convey.