2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

28 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Ivey was the most valuable trade asset in the draft, you would've had no problem finding a team that was ready and willing to give up a kings ransom for him.

My thoughts exactly, and I said similar right before the draft. Personally would have taken the Pacers deal, Duarte and 6 for 4. Send 6 to the Hawks for Collins and 16, at 16 take Griffin or Branham. Prosper.

Edited by Fureys49ers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Jazz summer league lineup: 

PG - Jared Butler

SG - Johnny Juzang

SF - Jordan Usher

PF - Yoeli Childs

C - Kofi Cockburn 

#Championship

Actually wouldn't surprise me. Butler's going to be one of the best players in the SL and Cockburn should feast on the boards in the chaos of chucking that is the SL. Juzang is the type of guy that could thrive in the SL style as well.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Actually wouldn't surprise me. Butler's going to be one of the best players in the SL and Cockburn should feast on the boards in the chaos of chucking that is the SL. Juzang is the type of guy that could thrive in the SL style as well.

Yeah sadly Jared Butler is like the one young player that we have to be optimistic about, and I guess NAW, lol.

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Butler, Udoka, and NAW are literally our only three young players, lol.

Better than ours lol

Our only players under 26 are MarJon Beauchamp, Sandro Mamukelashvili, Rayjon Tucker, AJ Green, Iverson Molinar and Jordan Nwora if we even re-sign him and we can't trade a 1st until 2029 lmao.

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Better than ours lol

Our only players under 26 are MarJon Beauchamp, Sandro Mamukelashvili, Rayjon Tucker, AJ Green, Iverson Molinar and Jordan Nwora if we even re-sign him and we can't trade a 1st until 2029 lmao.

Jazz fans are convinced that Kofi Cockburn, Jared Butler, and Johnny Juzang were all lottery level talents that fell during the draft for various reasons. I liked Rayjon Tucker when he played for us, Beauchamp has some upside, and Nwora is a bucket. Hard for me to feel sympathy for a team that just won a title a year ago.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Jazz fans are convinced that Kofi Cockburn, Jared Butler, and Johnny Juzang were all lottery level talents that fell during the draft for various reasons. I liked Rayjon Tucker when he played for us, Beauchamp has some upside, and Nwora is a bucket. Hard for me to feel sympathy for a team that just won a title a year ago.

Nwora has the BBIQ of a rock. I doubt he's even back with us. Rayjon is fine but he's a 15th man. If Beauchamp can just hit 3s at a decent clip, I'll be good with the pick. He's going to contribute on defense so he's not unplayable like a Jordan Nwora or Sam Merrill.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Nwora has the BBIQ of a rock. I doubt he's even back with us. Rayjon is fine but he's a 15th man. If Beauchamp can just hit 3s at a decent clip, I'll be good with the pick. He's going to contribute on defense so he's not unplayable like a Jordan Nwora or Sam Merrill.

It's just sad because if I was the Jazz' GM we would've drafted some combination of Desmond Bane/Jaden McDaniels and Ayo Donsumu/Herb Jones. Which in theory would've solved a lot of our current roster issues. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

It's just sad because if I was the Jazz' GM we would've drafted some combination of Desmond Bane/Jaden McDaniels and Ayo Donsumu/Herb Jones. Which in theory would've solved a lot of our current roster issues. 

My GM(s) took Rashad Vaughn, Thon Maker and DJ Wilson, three second round prospects, 17th, 10th and 17th respectively. Obviously you can't just extrapolate pick for pick but we could've had Delon Wright/Bobby Portis (ha)/Kevon Looney, Domantas Sabonis/Dejounte Murray (we were linked to him) and John Collins/Jarrett Allen/OG Anunoby with those picks.

Sheesh.