2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

6 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I'd take it. We need athletic scorers at this point.  We have solid role players, just need another key piece and then development from young guys.  

Looking at next years class it's probably going to be significantly worse than this years. Especially since Emoni reportedly won't be eligible even if he does reclassify. Because the NBA's current rule is that a player has to turn 19 in the calendar year that they're drafted to be eligible but Emoni won't be 19 until January 2023. So if he were born literally a month earlier he'd be eligible, lol. I know there was some talk about them changing the rule for the 2022 draft but I'm not sure if that's realistically going to happen. 

The only prospects that I really like are Paolo Banchero, Peyton Watson, and AJ Griffin. I like Chet as well but his frame is a major concern. 

On 7/30/2021 at 5:47 PM, beekay414 said:

So there's an issue with that draft. Whoever that is has Adrian Griffin Jr going top 4 and then AJ Griffin going 18th. They are the same player lol. Also, Walker Kessler is at Auburn.

Just terrible research by whoever the hell that is lol. Just shows that, just because you're on a site, doesn't mean you're legit.

LOL I didnt realize that.  

3 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Chet is questionable to me, like I can understand the intrigue but he's so damn skinny. Poku 2.0. Duren is like a young Dwight Howard aka a more athletic Isaiah Stewart.

The Rockets need Paolo Banchero, AJ Griffin Jr, or Peyton Watson.  Watson/Green on the wing is championship material. 

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Chet is questionable to me, like I can understand the intrigue but he's so damn skinny. Poku 2.0. Duren is like a young Dwight Howard aka a more athletic Isaiah Stewart.

The Rockets need Paolo Banchero, AJ Griffin Jr, or Peyton Watson.  Watson/Green on the wing is championship material. 

Yeah, I am hoping for Banchero but not likely for us IMO.  I think Chet can be great in the right situation, and we would actually be a pretty good situation.  He would be more of a 3/4 for us and Stewart if he keeps developing will be solid help defensively.  I agree his skinny frame is a concern but most guys add muscle in the college early pro years and trust h could add 15/20lbs.  KD has added about 35 lbs of muscle since highschool.  so I trust Chet can have some gains.  

Duren does seem like a better version of Stewart to me.  Would prefer someone who can stretch the floor more but he wouldn't be a bad pick at all if we are top 3.  Id probably lean Griffin in this situation or maybe Hardy depending on how he fares in the G League.  Watson or Baldwin could push to be in the top 5 too.  I think it will be a pretty solid class overall.  Maybe not as high end of talent as Cade Mobely and Green but I think the top 5 or 6 next year would have probably gone right after those guys this year. 

17 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Yeah, I am hoping for Banchero but not likely for us IMO.  I think Chet can be great in the right situation, and we would actually be a pretty good situation.  He would be more of a 3/4 for us and Stewart if he keeps developing will be solid help defensively.  I agree his skinny frame is a concern but most guys add muscle in the college early pro years and trust h could add 15/20lbs.  KD has added about 35 lbs of muscle since highschool.  so I trust Chet can have some gains.  

Duren does seem like a better version of Stewart to me.  Would prefer someone who can stretch the floor more but he wouldn't be a bad pick at all if we are top 3.  Id probably lean Griffin in this situation or maybe Hardy depending on how he fares in the G League.  Watson or Baldwin could push to be in the top 5 too.  I think it will be a pretty solid class overall.  Maybe not as high end of talent as Cade Mobely and Green but I think the top 5 or 6 next year would have probably gone right after those guys this year. 

I think Banchero and Chet will be the top 2 picks in some order. And I think Chet is without a doubt a 4/5 in the league. Durant was 6'11" 185 at the combine so there is definitely hope that Chet can bulk up but Durant was also a perimeter player not a big man. 

Yeah Duren isn't that impressive to me, his best case scenario is probably Bam but he doesn't look nearly as skilled. AJ Griffin is the most slept on prospect in the draft, he might end up being the best player, recently had like a 3-4" growth spurt and has an NBA body. Patrick Baldwin Jr reminds me of Michael Porter Jr, very big and skilled but he's pretty stiff in terms of his movement. I think Peyton Watson has the biggest chance to fly up draft boards, he went from unranked to top 10 recruit within a year and has freaky athleticism. 

wait...how is that possible?  I saw this

Bates doesn't turn 18 until January, so he is too young to enter the 2022 NBA draft. Draft rules state a prospect must be a year removed from his high school graduating class and turn 19 in that calendar year in order to go into the draft; Bates won't turn 19 until January 2023. As a result, he could end up playing college basketball for two years, or go to college for one year and then play in the G League or elsewhere for a year before entering the 2023 draft.

3 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

wait...how is that possible?  I saw this

Bates doesn't turn 18 until January, so he is too young to enter the 2022 NBA draft. Draft rules state a prospect must be a year removed from his high school graduating class and turn 19 in that calendar year in order to go into the draft; Bates won't turn 19 until January 2023. As a result, he could end up playing college basketball for two years, or go to college for one year and then play in the G League or elsewhere for a year before entering the 2023 draft.

29 days, he could apply for a waiver or the league could be changing the rule according to rumors.