2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

15 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Will the fact Davion Mitchell is struggling for the Kings as a rookie at age 23 hurt Keegan Murray's draft stock?

I'll be wary of pretty much any draft pick that age unless you are looking for a bench role player, in which case, i'll actually lean into older college performers.  If i'm taking a true center, then I might overlook that as big man skills can develop later.

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

With the way his shot is looking it feels like at worse, AJ Griffin will be a high end 3 & D guy. He’s shooting an absurd 50% from 3 on 64 attempts so far.

im honestly shocked how he is making threes at this rate given is form.  he is going to be so good if his shooting carries over to the league.

On 1/29/2022 at 5:13 PM, TitanSlim said:

With the way his shot is looking it feels like at worse, AJ Griffin will be a high end 3 & D guy. He’s shooting an absurd 50% from 3 on 64 attempts so far.

Griffin can get to the rim fairly well too.  Haven't seen if he has a pull up mid range game, but i've only seen Duke play 4-5 times and he was out the first one.  Duke would be better served if Griffin took more touches away from Moore and Keels.

7 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Griffin can get to the rim fairly well too.  Haven't seen if he has a pull up mid range game, but i've only seen Duke play 4-5 times and he was out the first one.  Duke would be better served if Griffin took more touches away from Moore and Keels.

The biggest issue with Griffin right now is that there just isn't a ton of film on him. IIRC he was hurt his junior season and then hardly played as a senior due to covid. Then he hurt his knee right before this season so he has been on a minutes restriction.

On 1/31/2022 at 12:28 PM, Texansfan713 said:

thats true. I used Mitchell as an example but Chris Duarte has been pretty good for the Pacers.  its going to be interesting to see how teams value him. 

Chris Duarte has definitely been good but I'd say that typically most older prospects taken early don't pan out that well. I was listening to a draft podcast and one of the points they brought up was that it's a red flag when a 19 year old isn't dominant against other young players but then takes a major leap when he's 2-3 years older than most of the guys that he's playing against.