2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

I been hush about it all year, but I don’t see it with Banchero. Don’t get me wrong, he’s talented but he seems to be a good at a lot, great at nothing type player.

He’s pigeonholed to the 4 spot, spotty shooter, decent playmaking and handles but nothing great, not overly athletic, not great on defense. Just trying to imagine what his eventually role in the league will be.

I should add that he certainly can develop on all his weaknesses as we’ve seen with many players once they go to the league.

Edited by TitanSlim
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

I been hush about it all year, but I don’t see it with Banchero. Don’t get me wrong, he’s talented but he seems to be a good at a lot, great at nothing type player.

He’s pigeonholed to the 4 spot, spotty shooter, decent playmaking and handles but nothing great, not overly athletic, not great on defense. Just trying to imagine what his eventually role in the league will be.

I should add that he certainly can develop on all his weaknesses as we’ve seen with many players once they go to the league.

I didn't wanna be the one to say it cuz...you know...Duke hater or something or another.

• Like 1

there was a stretch in the second half of the auburn game today that highlighted pretty well how much the lack of a handle hurts jabari and his team. one possession he gets kennedy chandler switched on him and rather than letting him attack with his size they try to get it to him in the mid post but chandler denies it perfectly and it leads to a shot clock violation. next possession, jabari tries to isolate, gets nowhere after a few dribbles (he may have briefly lost the ball i can't remember), kicks it out, gets it back and takes a double contested 3 and misses. then tennessee starts to go on a run and really auburn just needs anything from anybody. he gets iso'd on a guy a foot shorter playing right on him and there wasn't even an attempt to rip through, take one big step and get by. just sized him up for a second, elevated, and missed

i'm also a little worried that on top of the bigger wing matchups he'll see, teams might be able to pseudo-hide their centers on him early on. if he's not a threat to make them move their feet, i don't see any reason why stephen adams and the like can't just stand in front of him and extend straight up. if he's not getting open shots off pick and pops or a ton of off ball movement then he's likely just standing in a corner waiting for a kick

i'd still take him second unless paolo or ivey go ape**** over the next month because his upside is like a 25 ppg complete mismatch but a purely 3&d player isn't worth that in most drafts

2 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Wasn’t sure if I should put this here or the college basketball thread but Pat Baldwin Sr. was let go by Milwaukee. 

Unfortunate season for Jr. with injuries and poor play.

interested in seeing what he does.  if i were him i would return for a sophmore year but transfer to a program that can utlize his talents.  ironic duke next year would be a perfect fit for him.  the amount of wide open looks he would get would be unfair. 

5 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

interested in seeing what he does.  if i were him i would return for a sophmore year but transfer to a program that can utlize his talents.  ironic duke next year would be a perfect fit for him.  the amount of wide open looks he would get would be unfair. 

I’m curious if he’s just completely set on being one and done no matter where his draft stock is. If he isn’t, like you said, transferring to a more premier program would really help him with his draft stock rehabilitation. Duke is obvious but also maybe somewhere like Gonzaga. This is really where the new transfer rules are beneficial.