2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Chet looking off against Memphis

Yup. I just found myself asking "what will his role be in the NBA" as I watched him today. He's not a good enough shooter to be useful just sitting in corner and hitting off kick outs (which he did most of the 2nd half). He looked very awkward and simply too weak when trying to create his own offense on Duren or #23.

2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Yup. I just found myself asking "what will his role be in the NBA" as I watched him today. He's not a good enough shooter to be useful just sitting in corner and hitting off kick outs (which he did most of the 2nd half). He looked very awkward and simply too weak when trying to create his own offense on Duren or #23.

I think the shooting will be there long term, and his defense will be ok too I think, but he's going to struggle to get points inside against NBA bodies.

6 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

it seems like his best offense comes either in transition or half breaks but it’s hard to tell if he looks worse in the half court more because of his own shortcomings or because few made him such an afterthought in their offense

if he goes to a team that already has a center he’ll definitely benefit from everybody except cleveland not playing with two bigs just to be able to exploit his height and length advantages 

24 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

why?

Just as athletic, if not more, actually has offensive moves other than pulling up over shorter defenders and has the ability to put the ball on the ground. Murray is going to be better than Smith.

It wouldn't shock me whatsoever if Jabari Smith has a Marvin Williams type impact at the NBA level. Looks real good when it comes to height, weight, length and athleticism but he's severely lacking in any impact skills. 

Murray has go-to scorer skills and is an elite athlete. I mean, we're talking about two top 5 prospects in the class so we're splitting hairs either way but I'm 100% taking Murray as it stands today.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Just as athletic, if not more, actually has offensive moves other than pulling up over shorter defenders and has the ability to put the ball on the ground. Murray is going to be better than Smith.

It wouldn't shock me whatsoever if Jabari Smith has a Marvin Williams type impact at the NBA level. Looks real good when it comes to height, weight, length and athleticism but he's severely lacking in any impact skills. 

Murray has go-to scorer skills and is an elite athlete. I mean, we're talking about two top 5 prospects in the class so we're splitting hairs either way but I'm 100% taking Murray as it stands today.

I mean I would hope Murray has more moves considering he'll be a 22 year old rookie and Smith will be 19.

Just now, beekay414 said:

And he's still better lol

Jabari has a very, very long way to go before he's anything other than a standstill shooter at the NBA level. How he develops will 100% depend on where he ends up.

I don't disagree but 18 year old Jabari is >> 20-21 year old Keegan. It's likely that 20-21 year old Jabari >> 22 year old Keegan. I'm not saying your wrong. I'm simply pointing out that it wouldn't be shocking to see that development being 3 years younger.

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I don't disagree but 18 year old Jabari is >> 20-21 year old Keegan. It's likely that 20-21 year old Jabari >> 22 year old Keegan. I'm not saying your wrong. I'm simply pointing out that it wouldn't be shocking to see that development being 3 years younger.

I just have my doubts. It's kinda telling that we've seen nothing from Jabari IRT offensive ability other than shooting over defenders. I don't think that putting the ball on the court and becoming an impact scorer is something easily learned and he hasn't really flashed it either. That's why I said I could see him having a Marvin Williams-like NBA level impact. 

As of today, I'm taking Murray and, if I'm a GM with a top 5 pick, I'm not willing to risk my job on Smith developing something that he's shown no ability to do yet.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I just have my doubts. It's kinda telling that we've seen nothing from Jabari IRT offensive ability other than shooting over defenders. I don't think that putting the ball on the court and becoming an impact scorer is something easily learned and he hasn't really flashed it either. That's why I said I could see him having a Marvin Williams-like NBA level impact. 

As of today, I'm taking Murray and, if I'm a GM with a top 5 pick, I'm not willing to risk my job on Smith developing something that he's shown no ability to do yet.

Again, not saying you're wrong, and totally understand your doubts. I'm simply saying an 18 year old not having a floor game is common. I understand what you're saying though.

Just now, Bullet Club said:

Again, not saying you're wrong, and totally understand your doubts. I'm simply saying an 18 year old not having a floor game is common. I understand what you're saying though.

I get that but having absolutely no floor game is not something I want to see from a 3/4 forward that I'm going to hang my career on haha.

• Like 1