2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

37 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

keegan is awesome tho, barely watched jabari play but his highlights are pretty crazy 

i was watching a cutup of basically everything possession he's been involved in this year and in any game his shot is falling it's real easy to fall in love but when it's not, it gets ugly fast

sometimes i wonder why pearl didn't just stick him in a corner and run pnrs to his side and force his defender to either help off him or leave the driving lane open. he spent so much time on the wing or the top of the key in situations where he was never going to create anything

On 2/23/2022 at 8:30 PM, TitanSlim said:

I been hush about it all year, but I don’t see it with Banchero. Don’t get me wrong, he’s talented but he seems to be a good at a lot, great at nothing type player.

He’s pigeonholed to the 4 spot, spotty shooter, decent playmaking and handles but nothing great, not overly athletic, not great on defense. Just trying to imagine what his eventually role in the league will be.

I should add that he certainly can develop on all his weaknesses as we’ve seen with many players once they go to the league.

A month later, and I see it with Paolo. I still have concerns but I severely underrated his passing/playmaking ability. He’s not just decent like I previously said, he’s actually pretty great. Especially for a four. Since the above post, he’s averaging 4.6 APG. A young guy with his scoring prowess, who’s a good and willing playmaker is a good base point to enter the league with.

That’s what’s going to separate him from Bagley or Jabari Parker imo.

Edited by TitanSlim

3 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

A month later, and I see it with Paolo. I still have concerns but I severely underrated his passing/playmaking ability. He’s not just decent like I previously said, he’s actually pretty great. Especially for a four. Since the above post, he’s averaging 4.6 APG. A young guy with his scoring prowess, who’s a good and willing playmaker is a good base point to enter the league with.

That’s what’s going to separate him from Bagley or Jabari Parker imo.

Paolo will be good, he fits into the modern game, just don't think he'll be a star. He also seems to have a super weird conditioning issue. I think Paolo's ceiling is a better, bigger Julius Randle.

On 3/21/2022 at 11:44 AM, Bullet Club said:

I mean I would hope Murray has more moves considering he'll be a 22 year old rookie and Smith will be 19.

Going back to 2000 there hasn't been a single player age 22+ that was selected in the lottery and went on to become an All-Star. And IIRC, Buddy Held is the only player to average 20+ in a single season.

30 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Going back to 2000 there hasn't been a single player age 22+ that was selected in the lottery and went on to become an All-Star. And IIRC, Buddy Held is the only player to average 20+ in a single season.

This isn't true lol

Kenyon Martin
Yao Ming
Caron Butler
Dwyane Wade
Brandon Roy
Joakim Noah
Damian Lillard

All 22 years old their rookie seasons, all all-stars in their careers.

Edited by beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

This isn't true lol

Kenyon Martin
Yao Ming
Caron Butler
Dwayne Wade
Brandon Roy
Joakim Noah
Damian Lillard

All 22 years old their rookie seasons, all all-stars in their careers.

Typed in age 22 at time of draft on RealGM, my bad. So the only one drafted relatively recently is Dame, not a great sample size.

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Typed in age 22 at time of draft on RealGM, my bad. So the only one drafted relatively recently is Dame, not a great sample size.

Because elite players don't stay in college that long anymore. It's a different era. Murray won't even be 22 at the time of the draft so I'm not sure why you typed that in. He doesn't turn 22 until August. It's not like he's played 3+ years of college and then had one explosive season. He's in year 2 and, for whatever reason, McCaffrey wouldn't play him alongside Luka Garza last year. Murray's brother will explode next year as well for the same reason. Fran McCaffrey is just a terrible coach.

I'm not remotely worried about Murray as a pro. He's an elite athlete, he's got tools to be a defender with upside and he can flat out score. 

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Because elite players don't stay in college that long anymore. It's a different era. Murray won't even be 22 at the time of the draft so I'm not sure why you typed that in. He doesn't turn 22 until August. It's not like he's played 3+ years of college and then had one explosive season. He's in year 2 and, for whatever reason, McCaffrey wouldn't play him alongside Luka Garza last year. Murray's brother will explode next year as well for the same reason. Fran McCaffrey is just a terrible coach.

I'm not remotely worried about Murray as a pro. He's an elite athlete, he's got tools to be a defender with upside and he can flat out score. 

Why is he so damn old as a sophomore?