2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

12 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I honestly think this is one of the best first rounds in years.  1-20 you are getting a potential real contributor on a good team.

I just think it's an odd class because there aren't a ton of guys that project to be potent wing scorers. 

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I just think it's an odd class because there aren't a ton of guys that project to be potent wing scorers. 

There are more bigs at the top but there are quite a few wings in the 4-25 range. Its odd to have so many bigs at the top but all of those bigs have range. But I agree I really like this class and would be happy with adding a pick in the top 20. 

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

There are more bigs at the top but there are quite a few wings in the 4-25 range. Its odd to have so many bigs at the top but all of those bigs have range. But I agree I really like this class and would be happy with adding a pick in the top 20. 

Yeah the class has a high concentration of big men and bigger wings but I'd say for the most part that the wings in this years class are good prospects more for their overall games rather than their scoring prowess. What is your ideal Pistons draft?

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah the class has a high concentration of big men and bigger wings but I'd say for the most part that the wings in this years class are good prospects more for their overall games rather than their scoring prowess. What is your ideal Pistons draft?

I am still pretty high on Chet and love the fit with Cade.  I wouldn't mind Ivey or Griffin Jr either in the top 5.  Paolo seems like an ok pick but not sure he is a star in the league.  More of a John Collins type that can be good but not a special game changer.  Jabari has high bust potential IMO.  

I would love to trade Grant to the Blazers or OKC or Atlanta for a pick in the teens and land. 

If we were to get a pick in the 10-15 range, I would love to have Sharpe fall to us just because I love potential and high upside but that is sounding less likely.  So if we grab Chet first and add a Mathurin, Branham, Daniels, Sharpe with him I think it would set us up along with having cap space for a max deal.  Add an Ayton or Bridges to that core and we would have a good team next year (although unlikely given they will be matched most likely). 

6 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Real bad year to have a need at PG.  Not really a fan of any of the PGs in this class, which sucks cause Rockets need one bad. 

Ivey has the potential to run point.  You want the ball in his hands as his strength is getting to the rim and blowing by people but would have to work on his vision as he can be a black hole.  Having a back court of Ivey and Green would be crazy athletic and quick. 

4 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Ivey has the potential to run point.  You want the ball in his hands as his strength is getting to the rim and blowing by people but would have to work on his vision as he can be a black hole.  Having a back court of Ivey and Green would be crazy athletic and quick. 

Neither one of them wants to pass the ball. I think Daniels is an excellent fit next to Green because he's a very good passer/playmaker and actually defends, just needs to improve as a shooter. 

5 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Im a fan of Malaki Branham.  If he is there with the Nets pick I would take him without hesitation.  He could be a better version of Jae'sean Tate with way better shooting. 

Holmgren and Daniels to the promise land, lol.

8 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I am still pretty high on Chet and love the fit with Cade.  I wouldn't mind Ivey or Griffin Jr either in the top 5.  Paolo seems like an ok pick but not sure he is a star in the league.  More of a John Collins type that can be good but not a special game changer.  Jabari has high bust potential IMO.  

I would love to trade Grant to the Blazers or OKC or Atlanta for a pick in the teens and land. 

If we were to get a pick in the 10-15 range, I would love to have Sharpe fall to us just because I love potential and high upside but that is sounding less likely.  So if we grab Chet first and add a Mathurin, Branham, Daniels, Sharpe with him I think it would set us up along with having cap space for a max deal.  Add an Ayton or Bridges to that core and we would have a good team next year (although unlikely given they will be matched most likely). 

Chet's long term health is concerning for me personally but he does fit well with Cade. Yeah I see Paolo as like a Julius Randle in John Collins body if that makes sense, lol. 

Sharpe is the ultimate wild card, he can return to school and play still right? 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Chet's long term health is concerning for me personally but he does fit well with Cade. Yeah I see Paolo as like a Julius Randle in John Collins body if that makes sense, lol. 

Sharpe is the ultimate wild card, he can return to school and play still right? 

https://247sports.com/Article/Kentucky-basketball-Shaedon-Sharpe-enters-2022-NBA-Draft-186088968/

Im 80 percent sure he is going to stay in the draft.