2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

Just now, THE DUKE said:

Sharpe is 100% staying in the draft.  Whatever difference money wise between 1 in 2023 and 5-7 this year will be more than made up for by getting to his second contract a year earlier.

I could see him going as high as 3-4 if he has a good pre-draft process. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Chet's long term health is concerning for me personally but he does fit well with Cade. Yeah I see Paolo as like a Julius Randle in John Collins body if that makes sense, lol. 

Sharpe is the ultimate wild card, he can return to school and play still right? 

A Randle type is another good comparison for Paolo IMO.  He is skilled, but just doesnt seem to have that star power to take over a game.  

Chet's health is somewhat concerning but I think he will be what people expected Porzingas to be before his knees gave out.  Also could be a poor mans KD if his shot improves like KD's did. If he can get to like 200-205 by draft time, he would be a lock for me.  I think he can top out in the 215 range after time with the NBA nutritionists and weight programs.  It would be fun to grab him and Duran and add wings like Sexton/Bridges in free agency.  That D would be tough and Stewart would be a backup C which is his best fit. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Not a bad move on his part, the mystery and intrigue will probably boost his stock. Emoni Bates should've followed suit, lol. 

Bates screwed up by not playing for Izzo. Bates should transfer to a school with a HC that can develop him in a year. 

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

A Randle type is another good comparison for Paolo IMO.  He is skilled, but just doesnt seem to have that star power to take over a game.  

Chet's health is somewhat concerning but I think he will be what people expected Porzingas to be before his knees gave out.  Also could be a poor mans KD if his shot improves like KD's did. If he can get to like 200-205 by draft time, he would be a lock for me.  I think he can top out in the 215 range after time with the NBA nutritionists and weight programs.  It would be fun to grab him and Duran and add wings like Sexton/Bridges in free agency.  That D would be tough and Stewart would be a backup C which is his best fit. 

Yeah I'd agree with that, I think he can be an All-Star but won't ever be a superstar. 

Chet's frame is just so damn small, KP was bigger coming into the league. I honestly think you guys need another scorer/creator to take some pressure off of Cade. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah I'd agree with that, I think he can be an All-Star but won't ever be a superstar. 

Chet's frame is just so damn small, KP was bigger coming into the league. I honestly think you guys need another scorer/creator to take some pressure off of Cade. 

Chet has been a creator though.  He is so versatile which is what I love about him and will allow him to not be beat up too much.  I think finding a better option than Killian Hayes would be important but I pretty much want Cade running point and surrounding him with shooters and scorers.  He can create and be a harden type of PG IMO but has nobody to shoot around him other than the inconsistent Bey.  

10 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Bates screwed up by not playing for Izzo. Bates should transfer to a school with a HC that can develop him in a year. 

Agreed.  Izzo is what he needed but he and his dad's ego wouldn't put up with him sitting behind Gabe Brown.  He needs tough coaching and I agree with NYR, he needs to go to the G League and get some real coaching.  Its a risk because he could be a 4 year player at this point if he doesnt develop.  He showed no signs of being an NBA player this year. 

36 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Chet has been a creator though.  He is so versatile which is what I love about him and will allow him to not be beat up too much.  I think finding a better option than Killian Hayes would be important but I pretty much want Cade running point and surrounding him with shooters and scorers.  He can create and be a harden type of PG IMO but has nobody to shoot around him other than the inconsistent Bey.  

I just think that having another playmaker, even if he is the primary playmaker, would help his game a lot. Someone that can play on or off the ball.

35 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Agreed.  Izzo is what he needed but he and his dad's ego wouldn't put up with him sitting behind Gabe Brown.  He needs tough coaching and I agree with NYR, he needs to go to the G League and get some real coaching.  Its a risk because he could be a 4 year player at this point if he doesnt develop.  He showed no signs of being an NBA player this year. 

He's the classic case of a guy that peaked earlier than everyone else but just didn't develop. Going to his dad's fake school and refusing to take coaching certainly didn't help. He's also not very long or athletic and for whatever reason was dead set on playing PG.