3. Paolo Banchero
  4. Jaden Ivey
  5. Jabari Smith
  6. Shaedon Sharpe
  7. Jalen Duren
  8. Benedict Arnold Mathurin
  9. Keegan Murray
  10. Mark Williams

Thats closer to my top 10 for Detroit but I'd probably flip Paolo and Ivey.  Also probably have Eason or Sochan at 10 over Williams but its close in that range.  Also Dyson Daniels is creeping up there. 

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

Thats closer to my top 10 for Detroit but I'd probably flip Paolo and Ivey.  Also probably have Eason or Sochan at 10 over Williams but its close in that range.  Also Dyson Daniels is creeping up there. 

Ivey would be a nice fit with Cade, so I can totally see that.  Dyson Daniels was my 11, but I'm pretty high on Mark Williams.  He isn't going to be a superstar, but I think he could be a 10x all star center giving you defense, rebounding, blocks, and 15 points a night.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

not sold on Daniels yet.  People think he can play PG, but I need to see more film on him to assess that.  I always thought he was a 2 guard.  His shooting hasnt impressed me either.

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

not sold on Daniels yet.  People think he can play PG, but I need to see more film on him to assess that.  I always thought he was a 2 guard.  His shooting hasnt impressed me either.

I am not sure he is a top 10 player in the class, but he has potential and his fit with Cade where both could handle PG duties, would be a solid fit.  If we trade back into the late lotto, he is someone I would target. 

3 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Daniels is good, he can handle the ball.

5 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

I just realized if Sharpe declares and is invited to the draft, how will Silver introduce him when he is selected?  It's gonna be awkward saying University of Kentucky even though he didn't play a game there Lol

Kanter

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

What kind of prospect was Jayson Tatum? I wasn't really paying attention to the NBA draft back then and I also don't watch NCAA. I read that he was knocked for being lazy on defense, but that's basically all I know. How much more athletic was he than Paolo?

Here’s my two cents.

Tatum was viewed as a combo forward with an advanced offensive skill set. He showed promise as a passer and was viewed as a good, not great athlete. He was also knocked for being a so-so defender, questionable 3pt shooter(34%) and being too iso happy. There were also questions about how he’d transition to the league being guarded by more athletic wings because a lot of his success came at small ball 4 in college. He was viewed as a high floor/mid ceiling prospect. If you remember some had Josh Jackson and/or Jonathan Issac above him because of Jackson’s athletic ability and Issac’s size/defensive versatility.

Looking at Paolo, he shares a lot of the same strengths and concerns Tatum had. A hyper advanced forward with a high level offensive skill set, who’s defense and shooting are question marks. They both came in the league as good not great athletes and had questions about how they’d do against bigger, more athletic defenders. Paolo, like Tatum, also gets knocked for being too iso heavy at times. I do think Paolo is a better passer at this stage while Tatum was a better shooter.

For me as a Duke fan, it’s eerie how similar I view both as prospects. I was extremely high on both to start the year, questioned what made them so special by mid season and was all aboard both their bandwagons as the #1 pick by seasons end. Tatum went to a great situation where he was really able to hone in on his weaknesses. I’m hoping it’s the same for Paolo.

Edited by TitanSlim
  • Like 3

Piggybacking on the Paolo discussion, I can’t help but think peak Paolo will be similar to 18-19 Detroit Blake Griffin.

If he’s close to this, any team that picks him should be very pleased. I still don’t know what team I’d like him on but him alongside Jalen Green in Houston as his 1B/#2 guy is intriguing.

• Like 1