2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

Chet definitely needs to bulk up, but he has a 7'6" wing span plus more than enough shot and handle to be a stretch 4.  By this time next year, he should be in the 220-225 range if Gonzaga's strength and conditioning coach is worth a damn.  He'll never be a 260 lb monster, that's not his frame, but there is plenty of room to add 25-30 lbs of good weight from where he was in high school.  220-225 might be a little ambitious, but given how skinny he was, I think it's doable.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Who are some returning college players you see taking off this year and moving into the first round/lotto or guys you think might break out and move into the second round? This year we had Davion Mitchell, Durate move up draft boards and expect a few next year. 

Johnny Juzang

5 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Who are some returning college players you see taking off this year and moving into the first round/lotto or guys you think might break out and move into the second round? This year we had Davion Mitchell, Durate move up draft boards and expect a few next year. 

Johnny Junzang | GF | UCLA: 6'7" 210 (6'10" WS), Junior wing that made a tremendous leap between his Freshman and Sophomore seasons. He almost declared this year but struggled during the combine scrimmages. UCLA should be one of the best teams in the country this season though and he'll be their best player. 

Jaden Ivey | CG | Purdue: 6'4" 200 (6'7" WS), Sophomore guard that had an up and down freshman season at Purdue last year. He just played really well for Team USA at the U19 Tournament and should be one of the best players in college basketball this season. 

Bennedict Mathurin | GF | Arizona: 6'7" 200 (7'0" WS), Sophomore guard that came into college as a non top 100 recruit but had a very solid freshman year. Needs to polish his offensive game but he's an excellent shooter and could be a very good scorer. 

Mark Williams | C | Duke: 7'0" 230 (7'5" WS), Sophomore big that struggled to get minutes early at Duke but came on really strong at the end of the season. He's the prototypical rim running, shot blocking big man. 

6 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Julian Champagnie | GF | St. John's
Andre Curbelo | PG | Illinois
Dawson Garcia | PF | North Carolina
Kellan Grady | G | Kentucky
Isaiah Mobley | F | USC
Jabari Walker | F | Colorado

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I got another name, I'm being a homer but Marcus Sasser. 

9 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

very good scorer.  can create his own shot. was a bad fit for us because of his defense and the fact he is a ball stopper.  thats why he transferred.  no denying the kid can score the basketball. 

I'm surprised he'd go to another program that runs a slower pace offensively. 

I have a couple homer picks to start.  I think Gabe Brown is going to have a breakout senior year.  Maybe not enough to get drafted but I think with him as a starting wing he will finally break out and with his athleticism and size a s a 2, he might get noticed for the NBA.  

I also think Marcus Bingham started showing what he could do with more minutes last year.  I feel like hw will end up being a 2nd round pick at least as he grows into a poor mans Jaren Jackson. 

Non-homer picks I think guys like Marcus Bagely coming on as a sophomore.  

I think if Ron harper Jr picks it up on D and improves a little from outside he could move up boards. 

Hyunjung Lee is a straight up shooter and should find space on a roster with his size and shooting ability.  If he has a big year he could move into the first like Kispert.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Non-homer picks I think guys like Marcus Bagely coming on as a sophomore.  

Marcus Bagley and Mark Williams are two guys that aren't currently projected that high that I think will end up being 1st round picks. 

Edited by NYRaider