2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

7 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

How many minutes you think he'll average next season? I'm hoping Josh Primo can get up to 12.

depends on what they do with Christian Wood. If Wood is traded Sengun will average about 35 MPG.  If Wood is by chance still here I think he will be around the 25-26 MPG range.

So how are we assuming the top few picks are going to shake out?

1. Orlando: Chet Holmgren | FC | Gonzaga

2. Oklahoma City: Jabari Smith | F | Auburn

3. Houston: Paolo Banchero | F | Duke

4. Sacramento: Jaden Ivey | CG | Purdue

5. Detroit: Shaedon Sharpe | GF | Kentucky

@Sllim Pickens and @catcheryea y'all might be the real winners in all of this, a Cade/Sharpe wing duo could be elite.

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

@Sllim Pickens and @catcheryea y'all might be the real winners in all of this, a Cade/Sharpe wing duo could be elite.

Im still not sold on Kings taking Ivey at 4.  I think they either trade the pick or take Sharpe. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

i didn't want to say this earlier in case we fell to 6 or 7 but if sharpe is everything his hype says he is then he's basically the perfect off guard for cade

i think the kings take him though because they don't want to draft a pg in the lottery for the third year in a row so i think it goes chet, paolo, jabari, sharpe, ivey

also not out of the question grant gets sent to portland for 7 and detroit either drafts murray or sochan to replace him or packages 5 and 7 to move up even though i don't think any of the top 4 want to move down

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

Im still not sold on Kings taking Ivey at 4.  I think they either trade the pick or take Sharpe. 

Honestly as we've seen with the Kings in recent draft cycles they're a total and complete wild card. I could see them taking Murray, Duren, Ivey, or Sharpe at #4.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, catcheryea said:

i didn't want to say this earlier in case we fell to 6 or 7 but if sharpe is everything his hype says he is then he's basically the perfect off guard for cade

i think the kings take him though because they don't want to draft a pg in the lottery for the third year in a row so i think it goes chet, paolo, jabari, sharpe, ivey

also not out of the question grant gets sent to portland for 7 and detroit either drafts murray or sochan to replace him or packages 5 and 7 to move up even though i don't think any of the top 4 want to move down

This is the Kings that we're talking about so they're a complete and total wild card. Over the past couple of draft cycles they've seemed to prefer older prospects so I could see them taking someone like Keegan Murray, especially since Harrison Barnes is on the final year of his deal. They seemed to like Mitchell off the bench so Ivey as the two guard also makes sense and so does Duren as a potential rim protector next to Sabonis. 

Troy Weaver has shown a willingness to take big swings on high ceiling/low floor prospects, I could definitely see you guys going after Sharpe.

3 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

Kings “fan” (really just trying to get back into basketball) here, what are we looking at with pick 4? I need some opinions from people with much more knowledge than what I possess. I understand the Kings will likely **** it up and are the ultimate poverty franchise, so while slander is deserving I’m looking for some insight.

I'd bet that Keegan Murray is the pick.

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

This is the Kings that we're talking about so they're a complete and total wild card. Over the past couple of draft cycles they've seemed to prefer older prospects so I could see them taking someone like Keegan Murray, especially since Harrison Barnes is on the final year of his deal. They seemed to like Mitchell off the bench so Ivey as the two guard also makes sense and so does Duren as a potential rim protector next to Sabonis. 

Troy Weaver has shown a willingness to take big swings on high ceiling/low floor prospects, I could definitely see you guys going after Sharpe.

cade/sharpe/bey/sochan/ayton would be a fun lineup so i'm excited to see them roll out cade/joseph/bey/grant/stewart again

• Like 2

Quick post lottery mock draft

4. Sacramento: Keegan Murray | F | Iowa 

6. Indiana: Jaden Ivey | CG | Purdue

7. Portland: Jalen Duren | C | Memphis 

8. New Orleans: Johnny Davis | CG | Wisconsin

9. San Antonio: AJ Griffin | GF | Duke

10. Washington: Benedict Mathurin | GF | Arizona

11. New York: Dyson Daniels | GF | G-League

12. Oklahoma City: Ousmane Dieng | F | New Zealand 

13. Charlotte: Mark Williams | C | Duke

14. Cleveland: Jeremy Sochan | F | Baylor

7 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

cade/sharpe/bey/sochan/ayton would be a fun lineup so i'm excited to see them roll out cade/joseph/bey/grant/stewart again

IMO the best case scenario for you guys is:

• Acquiring Ayton via FA

• Trading Grant to Portland for the #7 pick

• Taking Shaedon Sharpe at #5

• Taking AJ Griffin at #7

• Like 1