2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

I think Jalen Wilson is going to be an interesting prospect. He's athletic as hell and has every ability to be a featured player but he's such a passive type that I wonder what his ceiling is. His athleticism always stuck out when watching Kansas.

I think he's going to be someone that's a better pro than college player. The spacing of the NBA game fits his skillset much better than the tighter defense in college.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Lewis seems more like probable outcome than the floor. Keep in mind Lewis is probably a significantly better player in todays NBA.

i mean his absolute floor is a 30ish% 3&d guy who is offering literally nothing else on offense and all that has to happen for that to pan out is for him to stop hitting contest 3s at an astronomical rate

so far the Rockets have met with Banchero, Eason, Branham, and Beauchamp.  Makes me think they are considering trading up from the 17th pick.  I believe that is more likely than trading the 3rd pick which would be incredibly stupid.

Edited by Texansfan713

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I haven't watched much of Jabari Smith, but that seems like an awful comparison.

What? That's literally his floor. Like worst case scenario. Both lanky 3&D prospects with limited ability to create their own shots.

On 5/19/2022 at 4:30 PM, Texansfan713 said:

I would find that hard to believe. I think people underrating Paolo as being a tier below Jabari and Chet. I love all 3.

From what I've seen of those 3, I think it's really just a matter of preference and need.  Chet Holmgren seems like the clear pick at 1, based on the Magic's current roster and what they need.  He fits in today's NBA even at his size with his ability to shoot and move around the court.  The natural issues with his lack of strength are going to see him struggle against physical bigs.  And his natural history with Jalen Suggs is an added bonus.  Kinda reminds me of Kristaps Porzingis in terms of prospect value.  I think he'll be a better weakside defender then a strong individual defender given his lack of core strength.  There's no question that Jabari Smith fits in today's NBA game with his range.  Offensively, I think he's probably the most ready to compete and he's got legitimate upside too.  I would have liked to see him play more with his back to the basket, so he's a bit of an unknown for me there.  Defensively, I think he'll be okay but I don't see anything that suggests he's going to be a strong defender.  Not the twitchiest athlete it appears.  Kinda gave me Chris Bosh vibes when watching him.  Paolo Banchero has the most upside offensively of the 3, but to me he's the worst defensively.  And I'm thinking that most of that comes from a lack of effort.  There just doesn't seem to be any real defensive intensity.  Offensively, I think his biggest room for improvement is as a shooter.  He's not bad, but it could certainly be improved.  Feels like a less athletic Blake Griffin.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

What? That's literally his floor. Like worst case scenario. Both lanky 3&D prospects with limited ability to create their own shots.

Feels like Jabari Smith was a better shooter coming out of Auburn then Marvin Williams was coming of UNC.  I thought most viewed Marvin Williams' shooting percentage as fool's gold, and thought he would be limited offensively because of it.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Feels like Jabari Smith was a better shooter coming out of Auburn then Marvin Williams was coming of UNC.  I thought most viewed Marvin Williams' shooting percentage as fool's gold, and thought he would be limited offensively because of it.

I mean, you're using revisionist history here but everyone was tantalized by Marvin's tools. He wouldn't have gone #2 if they had questions about his shot.

Saying Smith's floor is a 15 year, 44/36/80, 10&5 3&D vet isn't a knock. Marvin Williams was a useful player, he just never hit his ceiling.