Ravens sign Justin Houston to one-year, $4M deal

BareYourTeeth

Loved his physical presence his first few years in the league, but I’m interested in seeing how much of that is left. Without looking too much into his latest film, he appears similar to McPhee in playing style and demeanour.

Will be difficult for Ferguson to make the team now. McPhee, Bowser, Houston, Oweh and Hayes appears to be ahead of him.

All of a sudden a pretty big fan of the makeup of that OLB room

Mcphee + Houston as the back-9 vets looking for a ring, Oweh and Hayes as the young, developing (hopefully) future starters, and a guy like Bowser smack dab in the middle of his career.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

All of a sudden a pretty big fan of the makeup of that OLB room

Mcphee + Houston as the back-9 vets looking for a ring, Oweh and Hayes as the young, developing (hopefully) future starters, and a guy like Bowser smack dab in the middle of his career.

cries in sack daddy 

• Like 1

Curious why now. Ravens really couldn’t pass on Houston. He called Harbaugh directly and told him he wanted to come to Baltimore, what could we offer. 

Front Office would t pass either way, but like it’s been said above. Ferguson maybe not showing anything and they don’t want to bank on the rookies.

Also curious if the rookies are performing, would we keep both McPhee and Houston as vets to take snaps away from guys like Oweh. Yet as I type this, I do realize we did line McPhee up on the D-Line plenty of times with his hand in the dirt.

Haha, idk. Excited to see what happens. This boost at pass rush really will just show how shut down our secondary really is