GDT: Houston Texans at Seattle Seahawks

Texansfan713

Hmm.  Locker room was already a REALLLY uncomfortable place due to our idiot owner, then O'Brien absolutely loses the locker room AGAIN with that weak up the middle crap (even if it's dressed up with pointless Ellington motion).  Dude has choked away his two carry the coach off the field moments.  You PLAY to WIN the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, amazingandre said:

O'Brien is a spineless coward who will never be a dominant coach. He is a solid OC when a HC can over ride him on dumb calls like this. Why the hell wouldn't you let Watson RPO there....stupid

he wasnt even the OC in New England I found out (as far as calling plays).  Bottom line is he is an overrated slob who has no business being a HC in the nfl.  Go back to college.

2 minutes ago, amazingandre said:

O'Brien is a spineless coward who will never be a dominant coach. He is a solid OC when a HC can over ride him on dumb calls like this. Why the hell wouldn't you let Watson RPO there....stupid

I was saying the same thing going into that last play - Run/Pass option. Watson earned the right to take a gamble.

I tried to defend the guy, but O'Brien is a 9-7 coach at best, any given year, any given personnel. You've got to find a HC who is going to try to "win" games, not just "not lose" games.

2 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I was saying the same thing going into that last play - Run/Pass option. Watson earned the right to take a gamble.

I tried to defend the guy, but O'Brien is a 9-7 coach at best, any given year, any given personnel. You've got to find a HC who is going to try to "win" games, not just "not lose" games.

This year he doesnt have the luxury of the Jags and Titans sucking. 9-7 isnt a guarantee anymore. He is being exposed for the fraud he truly is. 

Just now, Apollo Stallion said:

Oh yes, and Gilchrist is the new Corey Moore.  Assist to Rick Smith for destroying the secondary and still not understanding that safety is NOT a position you ignore until August or October every stinking year filling with never ending churn of street scrubs and late round garbage. 

Not trading up 5 spots to get transformational talent Earl Thomas in 2010 and settling for Kareem Jackson continues to haunt my nightmares.  I would love to commission a study on the WAR shift of that one roster change.  QB has always been the focus for this franchise's mediocrity, but IMO safety has always been right there behind it.  QBs have always been blamed for throwing games away, but we throw away at least 2-3 games every season just like the Moore and Gilchrist games.  Yes, O'Brien's nutsackless playcalling in crunch time is a massive contributing factor, but those calls don't matter if you don't let a team march down the field exploiting a clueless safety.  

3 minutes ago, Jaytrajik said:

Missed the game, probably for the better. Sounds like another New England showing. Let me guess, defense was a sieve? Obrien up to his usual antics? 

Just want to know how Watson performed. I see he had 3 picks. 

actually 2. the 3rd was basically a hail mary to try to get in fg range but it wouldnt have mattered. he played a hell of a game. we should have won if it wasnt for O'Brien stupid ***. 

Archived