Colts sign Preseason Legend QB Brett Hundley

SteelKing728

Hundley was only signed in case Wentz can’t start week 1 to backup/push Jacob Eason.

Now that Wentz and the staff have decided to forego surgery as long as there aren’t any setbacks Hundley is there to push Eason for the backup job.

I posted this in the Wentz thread because I didn’t think anyone would care about this. Maybe you should start a thread about the Jacksonville article where they suggest the Colts trade Buckner for Minshew because that seems more relevant 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Hundley was only signed in case Wentz can’t start week 1 to backup/push Jacob Eason.

Now that Wentz and the staff have decided to forego surgery as long as there aren’t any setbacks Hundley is there to push Eason for the backup job.

I posted this in the Wentz thread because I didn’t think anyone would care about this. Maybe you should start a thread about the Jacksonville article where they suggest the Colts trade Buckner for Minshew because that seems more relevant 

I'd hate to lose Minshew because I think he could be one of the best backup QB's in the league, but I'd be willing to let him go for Buckner.  Any news yet on how long Wentz will be out, Stallyns?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'd hate to lose Minshew because I think he could be one of the best backup QB's in the league, but I'd be willing to let him go for Buckner.  Any news yet on how long Wentz will be out, Stallyns?

Wentz is forgoing surgery and going to rest and rehab with the hopes of being available week 1 

I don't know how reliable Pat McAfee is, but he's saying that Wentz will be out for between 5-12 weeks!

I see some possible Minshew Mania in Indy's future!  :)

ProFootballTalk.com is reporting the same thing:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/02/carson-wentz-to-undergo-foot-surgery-out-5-12-weeks/

Edited by Uncle Buck

Jacob Eason is still getting first team reps over Hundley despite his legendary status. Colts aren’t considering trading for a veteran QB, to the dismay of everyone.

Texans should trade for every available QB (Foles, Jimmy G, Minshew etc) mentioned for the Colts to go after to prevent the Colts from getting any of them. We’ll see.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Jacob Eason is still getting first team reps over Hundley despite his legendary status. Colts aren’t considering trading for a veteran QB, to the dismay of everyone.

Texans should trade for every available QB (🍆 Foles, Jimmy G, Minshew etc) mentioned for the Colts to go after to prevent the Colts from getting any of them. We’ll see.

I'm about to Tonya Harding Eason's legs to make this happen.