Preseason, Week 1: Broncos (0-0) at VIKINGS (0-0)

swede700

Game 1

When:  4:00 PM EST August 14th

Where: U.S. Bank Stadium (Minneapolis,MN)

TV/Radio: KMSP, NFLN (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio); Replay on NFLN: 1 PM EST, August 16 

Announcers: Paul Allen, Pete Bercich, Greg Coleman, Ben Leber

Coverage Map:  N/A

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: None

Broncos - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: None 

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

Edited by swede700

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Football is back!

Last time we played Denver in the preseason, we 'discovered' Mike Boone and Roc Thomas. Hopefully a few more diamonds in the rough this time around. 

But, more importantly, I just want everyone to be healthy after this one is over.

Skol!

Kene Nwangwu will be on the prowl!

• Like 1

Will be interesting to watch Quinn Meinerz and Netane Muti for the Broncos both guys Vikings could have drafted as interior OL, will see how they look.  Not to mention watch Risner if he plays, a guy I wanted the Vikings to take 1st round few years back.

Javonte Williams will be fun to watch also and great to see Teddy also get yet another shot at starting and he could not question take the job from Lock in the season.  Also will see how Stephen looks with a new team, might be better in a 3/4.  

Also is curious how the young rookie safeties are for the Broncos, they are stacked with youth and tons of good players in Jamar Johnson, Caden Sterns and Kary Vincent Jr.  From previous years also have Bassey, Dawson and Ojemudia who are solid players.  Not to mention the starters in Darby, Fuller, Kareem Jackson and Justin Simmons.  Hell of a secondary there potentially and Callahan in the slot and Patrick Surtain II who could be a starter sooner rather than later.   

They better hope Von Miller can stay healthy because that backup OLB group is not super deep once you get past Chubb and Miller.  ILB is decent but Jewell is out and I think Browning got hurt as well but he was a great draft choice.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I really hope we sit Jefferson for this game. Same with Cook and other core players.

Is Drew Lock going to start?

I doubt he plays given his TC shoulder injury even if it is to be considered minor.

Edited by mattyice0401
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mattyice0401 said:

I doubt he plays given his TC shoulder injury even if it is to be considered minor.

Yeah at least for the first 2 preseason games.   I think he'll be fine without the extra reps and the next guys up will have a chance to show what they can do.

• Like 1