Covid Vaccines & Fantasy Football

JaguarCrazy2832

Honestly...I think that it might be reasonable to downgrade specific players. For instance...Cole Beasley has been really vocal about the topic and I think it could end up hurting him. It's enough to bump up Gabe Davis a little. Same story with Lamar Jackson. He's already had COVID twice, and it wouldn't be surprising if he finds a way to get it a third time this season. I doubt he'd get real sick, but that doesn't matter. A positive test means that you miss time. It might also serve as a decent tie breaker if for instance you have Hopkins and Diggs close in your rankings...and you know that Hopkins is anti-vax.

4 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Honestly...I think that it might be reasonable to downgrade specific players. For instance...Cole Beasley has been really vocal about the topic and I think it could end up hurting him. It's enough to bump up Gabe Davis a little. Same story with Lamar Jackson. He's already had COVID twice, and it wouldn't be surprising if he finds a way to get it a third time this season. I doubt he'd get real sick, but that doesn't matter. A positive test means that you miss time. It might also serve as a decent tie breaker if for instance you have Hopkins and Diggs close in your rankings...and you know that Hopkins is anti-vax.

2 things:

1. In that Hopkins/Diggs scenario isnt it concerning the Vikings are only at 65% or something like that? If a WR tests positive wouldnt Diggs be out a while?

2. The protocol is different for vaxed and non right as far as quarantine? Non-Vaxed is 2 weeks no matter what, right? What about the vaccinated?

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

2 things:

1. In that Hopkins/Diggs scenario isnt it concerning the Vikings are only at 65% or something like that? If a WR tests positive wouldnt Diggs be out a while?

2. The protocol is different for vaxed and non right as far as quarantine? Non-Vaxed is 2 weeks no matter what, right? What about the vaccinated?

I'm honestly not too sure about the protocol. I'm not sure that the rules are different for one group versus the other. 

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Not sure why I thought it was different

I'm not sure I would understand why the rules and protocol would be different for one groups versus the other. Vaccinated individuals are still capable of getting and passing along COVID. There are even some studies that suggest that vaccinated individuals pass along the infection at a pretty similar rate (I would disagree with that...but that's beside the point). The biggest benefit of the vaccine is that there is a SIGNIFICANT reduction in the individual needing hospitalization/ICU or dying. But that's not really what we are talking about here. We are really only focused on positive tests which results in one or more player missing time.

I just read this on NFL.com.

“High-risk close contacts are required to isolate if they've had previous contact with someone who tests positive, according to league protocols. Fully vaccinated players, however, are tested daily for three days after exposure but do not carry the high-risk designation and thus are not isolated.”

10 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I just read this on NFL.com.

“High-risk close contacts are required to isolate if they've had previous contact with someone who tests positive, according to league protocols. Fully vaccinated players, however, are tested daily for three days after exposure but do not carry the high-risk designation and thus are not isolated.”

Interesting so a vaccinated player if they test negative after being exposed can still play but thats not the case for non-vaxed?

On 8/5/2021 at 5:51 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

2 things:

Diggs plays for the Bills now