? Week 8 GDT - Home Sweet Dome vs Da Bears - 1pm EST on FOX

Mid Iowa

I'm nervous about the Bears game.

The Bears defense is really good.
Their offense is getting better with their QB settling in (how did he only have 7 attempts in a win yesterday??) and one of the top running backs in the league.

What my hope is, is that the Saints came back down to earth after they looked lousy in the first half vs. the Packers. Perhaps that will help them focus and start strong.

The Bears rookie QB hasn't experienced a Super Dome type crowd yet, so ya'll get your pipes fired up and confuse the kid!!!

I'm glad this one's a home game.

I honestly like our odds against the Bears. They have nobody at WR that's much of a threat. Which means we can basically have Lattimore/Crawley completely take their WR's out of the game and let the rest of the defense focus on stopping Howard/Cohen. I don't think they are going to do much against us. As for our offense vs their defense. I think we win the battle pretty easily as well especially at home.

4 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

I'm nervous about the Bears game.

The Bears defense is really good.
Their offense is getting better with their QB settling in (how did he only have 7 attempts in a win yesterday??) and one of the top running backs in the league.

What my hope is, is that the Saints came back down to earth after they looked lousy in the first half vs. the Packers. Perhaps that will help them focus and start strong.

The Bears rookie QB hasn't experienced a Super Dome type crowd yet, so ya'll get your pipes fired up and confuse the kid!!!

I'm glad this one's a home game.

If this was in Chi-town id be more concerned but with it being in the dome with that crowd the Saints gonna put up points and that surging young secondary we have, its just gonna be to much for Trubisky to keep up with.

IMO

I agree, this should be an easy win for us. I'm hoping it is a game where our offense can get back on track. I love seeing Ingram and Kamara run down teams but seeing Bree's have a 3-4 td game would restore some of my confidence in his arm and our passing game.

I'm expecting our defense to come back down to Earth any game now(although it might not happen against the Bears offense), but what I'm really looking for is a good 40 burger from our offense.  A good 4 TD game for Brees plus 2-3 rushing TDs from Ingram and Kamara, to make me feel better about the rest of this season.

The Bears defense has been dominant most of the season. It got lost in the garbage that is Mike Glennon.

There is a good chance that we kill Drew Brees throughout the game. We have been absolutely assaulting QBs all season. Akiem Hicks has been playing at a defensive player of the year level.

The Saints will win because on offense John Fox does not even let us try to do anything. We went up 14 against the Panthers and proceeded to run an offense from the 1940s and happily punt.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

The Bears defense has been dominant most of the season. It got lost in the garbage that is Mike Glennon.

There is a good chance that we kill Drew Brees throughout the game. We have been absolutely assaulting QBs all season. Akiem Hicks has been playing at a defensive player of the year level.

The Saints will win because on offense John Fox does not even let us try to do anything. We went up 14 against the Panthers and proceeded to run an offense from the 1940s and happily punt.

While you may be right... The Saints O-Line is clearly the best yall have played so far this season so we will see. LG Andrus Peat is also having a breakout season and is playing like a pro bowler and the Saints also have a DE playing at a DPOY level in Cam Jordan.

I think it will be a good game but in the end I feel the environment will be to much for Trubisky and your secondary will be tested like thay havent yet. Still I could see a scenario where the Bears pull out the upset, however Payton knows Foxy really well (he actually recommended him to Pace for the job) and has had success aganist him.

We'll see Sunday

7 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

While you may be right... The Saints O-Line is clearly the best yall have played so far this season so we will see. LG Andrus Peat is also having a breakout season and is playing like a pro bowler and the Saints also have a DE playing at a DPOY level in Cam Jordan.

I think it will be a good game but in the end I feel the environment will be to much for Trubisky and your secondary will be tested like thay havent yet. Still I could see a scenario where the Bears pull out the upset, however Payton knows Foxy really well (he actually recommended him to Pace for the job) and has had success aganist him.

We'll see Sunday

There is next to no chance we win.

Going on the road, against a talented offense, and playing not to lose is a recipe to lose.

Fox and his uber conservative BS is going to get a rude awakening when he tries to throw 7 passes and win a game. If Brees does not chuck us a couple pick 6s we are going to probably get shut out.

Saints 17

Bears 9

19 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

There is next to no chance we win.

Going on the road, against a talented offense, and playing not to lose is a recipe to lose.

Fox and his uber conservative BS is going to get a rude awakening when he tries to throw 7 passes and win a game. If Brees does not chuck us a couple pick 6s we are going to probably get shut out.

Saints 17

Bears 9

If Brees throws 2 pics... 

Saints 17 - Bears 13

If Brees throws 0-1 pics...

Saints 27 - Bears 17

If Brees throws 3+ picks...

Saints 17 - Bears 24

Archived